Activity - Page 11
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 03-24-2013, 07:27 PM   #151
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thinking of building a new stand for my 3 10G's and my 20 Long.
Wishing I could just build what I want instead of having to listen to input from someone whose opinion changes more than the weather here.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-25-2013, 04:31 PM   #152
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
Thinking of building a new stand for my 3 10G's and my 20 Long.
Wishing I could just build what I want instead of having to listen to input from someone whose opinion changes more than the weather here.

Do you plan on making 1 stand that has all 4 tanks together? Like across or on different shelves?

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:20 AM   #153
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Thinking of doing an island style, as opposed to corner or wall seated stand.

Multiple levels, with hanging hooks for shop lights.

I'd like to do 2 shelves of 10G Ends out, My girlfriend is thinking more like 2 per shelf end to end.

I've got all the materials, minus some bolts to secure the legs now, as I have to be able to take apart to bring it into our apartment.

Thinking 2 shelves, and an adjustable light mount on top.
Simple box frame table tops, with Carriage bolts to hold the legs on the ends.
1/2 plywood tops, and all 2x4 construction.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-26-2013, 10:32 AM   #154
seuadr
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

you could do a planted HOB or riparium boxes in the corner and trail spider plants or pothos between the tanks!
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 12:57 PM   #155
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Haha, will have to consider this, Seuadr.

Basically I want to build box frame tabletops, and just have them supported by 2x4 vertical support beams. Thinking the box frame may need a middle support, since it will be 4' long.

Would love to do something like a T on the top shelf, with a 10G being the top and the 20 long opposed to be the bottom. and then just 2 10's end to end for now, who knows maybe in the future there will be more tanks hehe.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-27-2013, 04:18 PM   #156
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

I can't wait to see you build this.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 03:17 AM   #157
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Me either, I'm just waiting for the time and energy to be at the same level right now.
That and I basically have nights free, so Hand tools and hammering during the day haha.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-31-2013, 01:13 AM   #158
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Finally got the stand built, it's a bit more, rustic than I'd hoped for, but it should do the trick.

Will have to cut a bit more off of some plywood for the shelves, and then it's time to paint. Soon here it's going to be an actual stand.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-31-2013, 01:50 AM   #159
seuadr
Planted Member

I cleaned up my 35 gallon tank for sale. Gotta leak test it first, but decided I am not going to keep it. I'm rather enjoying small tanks. The more I plan on the spec 2 and bio cube 8 the more I get ideas for other small tanks
Old 03-31-2013, 06:05 AM   #160
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Wish I had the skills to fill one of the mini, or even nano tanks to the standards of this site.

Some of these tanks are amazing, I'm especially fond of the micro shrimp tanks.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-31-2013, 11:07 AM   #161
seuadr
Planted Member

Quote:
Wish I had the skills to fill one of the mini, or even nano tanks to the standards of this site.

Some of these tanks are amazing, I'm especially fond of the micro shrimp tanks.
I doubt I can make them half as nice as most of the tanks here, but i'll give it a shot
Old 03-31-2013, 07:46 PM   #162
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

If you want a sounding board for ideas, Please feel free to use this thread, or PM me.

I've got so many ideas but so little room and money haha.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-31-2013, 08:31 PM   #163
seuadr
Planted Member

Quote:
If you want a sounding board for ideas, Please feel free to use this thread, or PM me.

I've got so many ideas but so little room and money haha.
money is my problem too. i need a lot more slate to do what i want.

what i am thinking of is something terraced with like, 4 levels (each level made with some slate on the front and filling in substrate over lava rock)

like this, only not done in paint

chain swords on the top and moss on the bottom and.. ?? in the middle few layers? possibly a thin piece of driftwood with some moss stuck to it running at a downward angle down the terraces.

or.. something

Last edited by seuadr; 03-31-2013 at 08:34 PM.. Reason: fix the picture
Old 03-31-2013, 09:39 PM   #164
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Maybe run some cracked pieces, make it look like a fallen tree? smashed through stones in the terrace?

sounds like you have a pretty solid look in mind.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-31-2013, 11:46 PM   #165
seuadr
Planted Member

Quote:
Maybe run some cracked pieces, make it look like a fallen tree? smashed through stones in the terrace?

sounds like you have a pretty solid look in mind.
thats not a bad idea. i figure everything but the bottom layer will be stuff that trails a bit so so i can train them down to the next lowest level a little.