at what point do i need CO2?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-27-2013, 07:30 AM   #1
genocdex
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

at what point do i need CO2?

with my shrimp tank i think im going to nix my higher wattage bulb (23w) for a 13w 6500k to reduce the light a bit. ive read that article with CFLs and lights and what not. but i guess im too confused about a few things.
one article is saying 50 par units is high while another is saying 150, thats one of the first things that confused me but im taking it with a grain of salt at this point.

my real question would be, at what point would i need to have some co2 with my tank? would a medium light set up (as described below) need co2? if theres a small algae growth, i wont be concerned.

10g tank, ~2" eco complete substrate, 8" clamp light, 13W CFL, light will be about 3-4" from top of the tank.
im hoping to keep crypt wendtii, a moss ball, possibly Echinodorus tenellus, and dwarf hair grass in my tank. i think with the reading ive done, id need medium light for the Echinodorus tenellus and dwarf grass. my moss ball i think is a fake one, but it seems fine in any lighting ive thrown at it so im not concerned.
genocdex is online now   Reply With Quote