Rookie mistake, not sure what to do...
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-26-2013, 11:59 PM   #1
Knicolas
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

Rookie mistake, not sure what to do...

First off, my bubble counter is filled with bc fluid bought from GLA. It was creating a foam of bubbles in my counter. Second, I could hear a slight "misting" sound from my inline diffuser. Wasn't sure if it was CO2 leaking or not so I wanted to check for any leaks.

So I made a rookie mistake. While checking if I had any leaks in my CO2 lines by submerging the tubing in water, I put the bubble counter upside down and all the bubble counter fluid went into my co2 tubing and possibly some inside the inline diffuser.

I let most of it drip out, blew the oil out from the lines and reconnected everything. (note, the fluid dripping out of the diffuser wasn't "oily") I wanted to try water instead of BC fluid this time. Now, I still hear that "misting" sound from my diffuser but there is water in it.

Am I okay? What should I do? The diffuser is still making bubbles cause I can see it come out from my pipes.
Knicolas is offline   Reply With Quote