90 Gallon Boesemani Tank [56K] - Page 6
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 03-12-2013, 09:27 PM   #76
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Went and picked up the new hardscape today. Here's an idea of what the layout will look like:

Old 03-13-2013, 05:25 PM   #77
Michael T
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Congrats on the baby girl.

Digging the new hardscape, that wood will look awesome placed like that. Any plans on introducing any new species of plants?
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2013, 12:55 PM   #78
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Congrats on the baby girl.

Digging the new hardscape, that wood will look awesome placed like that. Any plans on introducing any new species of plants?
Thanks again Michael!

As of right now the plan is to add some Hygrophila Corymbosa in the back left behind the larger piece of driftwood. The back right corner will be Cabomba. I'm debating on if I want to go red or green...Undecided at the moment. Open to opinions! To the right of the larger driftwood piece will be Amazon Sword. I'm trying to find a sword plant that has narrower leaves but haven't been able to find anything. Anyone have any ideas? In between the two right pieces, more on the right hand side, I'm thinking something like Anubias Nana Petite or something that has a similar leaf. And finally, in between the rocks I was thinking of re-using the crypts. Don't know 100% on that yet but we will see how it looks. Planning on getting some work done on it tomorrow.

Edit:
I'll be having a bunch more Java Fern for sale hopefully sometime next week just to give a heads up!
Old 03-17-2013, 10:30 PM   #79
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well here's what I did today:

It's a rough draft for now. I pulled all of the plants from the tank and are up for sale in the For Sale Thread if anyone is interested. I still am trying to figure out the plants that I want to keep and what I want to add so it'll be a work in progress for the next couple of weeks. Hoping to get some good input from everyone!
Old 03-19-2013, 03:13 AM   #80
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Alright I got some new plants today and got it all planted and re-organized what was in there already. Looking for comments and suggestions.

Flora:
Java Fern
Amazon Sword
Multiple Crypts
Anubias
Glosso
Java Fern 'Windlov'
Hygrophila

Front View:

Left Side:

Right Side:

Angle Shots:

Old 03-20-2013, 04:27 AM   #81
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

So I was doing some searching around about rainbowfish as I would like to get a few more Boesemani's or possibly some other types. I was looking to find some natural inhabitants of their natural habitat when I came across the Melanotaenia Ajamaruensis. It looks exactly like a Boesemani but has deeper colors. I've always wondered why I could never find male Boesemani's that looked like the larger one in my tank and this explains why. Anyone have any idea where I can get these?
Old 03-21-2013, 06:48 PM   #82
Michael T
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Looking good. New hardscape has a real natural look to it.
Michael T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 07:20 AM   #83
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michael T View Post
Looking good. New hardscape has a real natural look to it.
Thanks Michael! 2 of the pieces have openings in them so I kept getting air pockets when I was trying to sink them. Took me a little while but I got them down. Just waiting on the plants to grow in now.
Old 03-25-2013, 02:09 AM   #84
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I just reduced all of my pricing of my Java Fern from this tank to get it gone! I need it gone ASAP!

http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...954&highlight=
Old 05-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #85
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quick update on the tank. I picked up 4 new Boesemani's but unfortunately I lost two of them already when they were being quarantined. One was perfectly healthy but the other three had some issues going on with their gills. I also unfortunately lost the angel fish to the lip fibroma disease it had going on. Here's a quick snapshot of the tank:

The Glosso is slowly starting to fill in. Not as fast as I was anticipating it would. It's been a slow progress so far. I think I'm in need of some new bulbs.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:07 PM   #86
Digital
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Send a message via AIM to Digital Send a message via Yahoo to Digital Send a message via Skype™ to Digital

Tank looks great man, and congrats on the new baby girl!

Your tank has gone thru so many changes! I would suggest getting some turquoise rainbows, to add some deep blue color to the tank. I just recently added rainbows to my 90g also. You have at least one female in there right? As you probably know the males show colors better when there is at least one female in the mix of things.

The baby plecos were and are extra cool, especially to have a spawn in your tank like that. If you are looking to get more angels I'd look to aquabid.com or even ebay, as some good breeders can be found there that are relatively local, (US based).

That java fern you grew out was amazing! Your plants seem to do quite well. I bet it's the co2 and the good lighting. I could never get my ferns to grow that much in the period of time you showed in the pics. My tank is low tech though, so there you have it.

You weren't using Prime all the time to remove the chloramine? I just buy a big bottle of it off ebay for around 58$ shipped, and I'm good for a couple years, for my 90g and my 125g.

One more thing, the wood addition was and is a great addition to an already great setup. Keep on growing those plants, and fish!
Old 06-18-2013, 10:20 PM   #87
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Digital View Post
Tank looks great man, and congrats on the new baby girl!

Your tank has gone thru so many changes! I would suggest getting some turquoise rainbows, to add some deep blue color to the tank. I just recently added rainbows to my 90g also. You have at least one female in there right? As you probably know the males show colors better when there is at least one female in the mix of things.

The baby plecos were and are extra cool, especially to have a spawn in your tank like that. If you are looking to get more angels I'd look to aquabid.com or even ebay, as some good breeders can be found there that are relatively local, (US based).

That java fern you grew out was amazing! Your plants seem to do quite well. I bet it's the co2 and the good lighting. I could never get my ferns to grow that much in the period of time you showed in the pics. My tank is low tech though, so there you have it.

You weren't using Prime all the time to remove the chloramine? I just buy a big bottle of it off ebay for around 58$ shipped, and I'm good for a couple years, for my 90g and my 125g.

One more thing, the wood addition was and is a great addition to an already great setup. Keep on growing those plants, and fish!
Thanks Digital! Yes I do have 2 females in the tank to help the males show some better colors. There's another batch of about 30 pleco fry in their right now that the male is protecting in the driftwood. No more angels for me. They were my wife's fish and I didn't think they fit the tank well. I was pretty surprised actually as well with how large that java fern got in there. I'm now back down to the same amount I started with before so we will see what happens. I always use Prime to treat my water. Just need to add extra of it every now and again. Oh and the turquoise rainbows are also one that I'm thinking about adding. We shall see what happens. I want to get the tank finished how I want it before I do anything else with some new fish.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:22 PM   #88
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Well here's an updated shot of the tank:

The glosso is starting to fill in really well so I'm excited about that! I'm not liking the background plants at the moment. Looking for some ideas on what I should use particularly for both of the back corners.
Old 07-22-2013, 12:54 AM   #89
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Nothing major has changed with the tank. Took out the Hygro in the back left and added some Jungle Val instead. I'm battling now a really bad case of detritus below my glosso and starting to cover my plants after my vacation. I also added 10 Pristella Tetras and love them so far!

Here's a tank shot:

Old 07-23-2013, 04:18 AM   #90
Meganne
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

wOw!, that has turned out really nicely! beautiful!