Ista max mix large
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-23-2013, 07:01 PM   #1
Sugardaddy1979
Sic em

PTrader: (12/100%)

Ista max mix large

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8y8k...e_gdata_player

So I set up the Ista max mix reactor this morning and so far it seems awesome. I have it running off of my sunsun 302 canister filter. I had to use the adapters since I have 16mm id hoses. I ran into a small leak in the out flow because the connector wasn't tight enough. A bit of pvc glue fixed that right up. The bottom impeller had a coupleproduction burs that iI shaved off too so it runs smooth. Drop checker turned green within an hour and no 7up anymore. Think I really like it. It dies make a bit of a splashing noise that some might not care for. A few very tiny bubbles also come out of the spray bar. But not bad at all. I made a youtube video if you're interested. I'd be glad to provide more video or pics if there is something specific you'd like to see.
Sunsun Pimp Club Member #068
Sugardaddy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2013, 07:25 PM   #2
foster
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (21/100%)

Nice video. Are there adaptors to fit most types of return hoses? I have a Rena XP canister filter. Just wonder if it would work with that hose. Also, does the water pressure turn the impeller?
foster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 07:36 PM   #3
Kado
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Ista max mix large

I have the medium size mix max. The standard size is 12mm, but it came with and adapter to fit a larger 16mm size hose. Mine also came with hose clamps, so I didn't have any leak problems.
Kado is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 07:40 PM   #4
Sugardaddy1979
Sic em

PTrader: (12/100%)

Kado hit it on the head for hose sizes. Mine didn't come with hose clamps, but the hose wasn't leaking. It was the actual adapter. I permanently fitted the leaky one with pvc glue.

The impeller is spun with water flow. One impeller works like a needle wheel against the other.
Sunsun Pimp Club Member #068
Sugardaddy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2013, 08:07 PM   #5
foster
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (21/100%)

Definitely looks like something I need to take a closer look at. The way I am difussing now isn't working very well.
foster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2013, 02:29 PM   #6
youdontknowme
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

i got the M size. When co2 is off , the reactor is very silent. but when its on , there will be some splashing sound like TS said . but its not a problem to me . Mine doesn't come with hose clamp , but i added it to play safe incase it leaks.
Take note , the hose adaptor , has 2 end. 1 end is smaller and the other end is bigger. The bigger end should be connected to the hose while the smaller end connected to the reactor . So far , i find this is the best diffusion method for me =]
youdontknowme is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.