Thinking about purchasing a canister filter for 40b, need suggestions - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-22-2013, 01:25 AM   #31
zackariah
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

Thinking about purchasing a canister filter for 40b, need suggestions

I had two hobs on my tank and a power head too. I got an ehiem pro3e 2074. It cleaned up my tank great in about a week. I'm sure your results will be similar. The flow is great. Dead silent operation and its so nice not having the hobs on the back is aestheticly pleasing. Oh I also got an inline heater. Not sure how you feel about that, but its nice not having it in the tank.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Old 03-22-2013, 02:03 AM   #32
mistahoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoffeeLove View Post
I want equal or more flow than I have right now with two hobs and the powerhead. Just wanna give my tank a much nicer appearance without two hobs hanging from it and a powerhead in the tank.

I think if i was doing what you described it would be overkill for sure lol I tried switching my marineland powerhead into the circulation thing with the giant prop but all my plants were bent over screaming help!

---
I give my fish coffee
What HOBs and powerheads do you have? The 2217 has an advertised 264gph flow at zero head. IMO that's plenty enough for a 40B planted. Here's a thread with more accurate flow rates with media and not being at zero head. If that's too much flow you can get the 2215 (it's a bit cheaper). You can also save some money by getting the 2215 and upgrading the impeller for more flow. It still won't be at the flow rate of a 2217, but close.
SunSun Pimp #82|RAOK Club Member #89|Eheim Pimp #543

210G|1.5G Iwagumi DSM|5G Fluval Chi
mistahoo is offline   Reply With Quote