Aquaone Aquastart 320 Light
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 07-29-2012, 03:17 PM   #1
c00ki3

PTrader: (0/0%)

Aquaone Aquastart 320 Light

I have a 20 gallon main tank that I have guppies and mollies in but as you can imagine they are having lots and lots of babies and I don't want to crowd my tank to much. So I have decided that I am going to start a small tank to keep babies in (and maybe use for putting the females in while they are giving birth) and allow them to grow before transferring the best back to my main tank and giving away the rest.

I was thinking of using my 7.6 us gallon Aquaone Aquastart 320 I have spare but wanted a planted tank (my orginal only has plastic plants) It only has a 11w bulb and i can't find anything that fits thats more powerful and I also want to keep it low tech and as cheap as possible.

I'm not sure what plants would be best for my fish but was thinking a combination of Dwarf Sword Grass (seems easy to grow from what I have read) and a combination of Tropical Hornwort (good for hiding babies in) and Some broader leafed plants for structure towards the back.

Is this tank ok for plants? does it need a stronger bulb (and can anyone find one)? and if it is ok any advice on starting the tank if I want to keep it low tech espically what substrates to use.
c00ki3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2013, 12:42 AM   #2
birdman99

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default 2nd that

I 2nd that, the 11watt bulb is not the best for plants but the pet shops will tell you otherwise.
I have found a 11w Pl bulb called amazonia by seapets but its out of stock and not hurrying to come back in. ive been waiting 5 weeks now.

if anyone else has any ideas.
birdman99 is offline   Reply With Quote