driver question
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 03-19-2013, 10:37 PM   #1
pmcarbrey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

driver question

what drivers would i need to run 3 16' lengths of this LED strip?
http://www.rakuten.com/prod/white-24...ngId=233722775

I'm helping to set up the overhead lighting in local pet shop and these are cheap and put out enough light for a non planted tank so they are the first choice!
pmcarbrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 01:24 AM   #2
sowNreap
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Can't really answer your question but I'd be curious as to what you're really getting .. the title says "white 24 Led strip" while the description says "package includes 16' 300 Led". The title seems to imply, to me at least, that you're only getting a 24 Led strip not the whole 16 feet. These rolls are usually sold in 5 meters which is really 16.4'. Also the price seems way too cheap for 5 meters based on my shopping experience a couple months ago. I could be wrong but thought I'd mention it.

To give you an idea that same site has the 5 meter roll in blue for $23.98 here: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/flexible...221861731.html which is kind of high price for a 3528 strip. I paid 20.96 for 5 meter 5050 RGB 60 led/meter waterproof strip with the IR remote included .. bought it via e b a y.
sowNreap is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #3
pmcarbrey
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sowNreap View Post
Can't really answer your question but I'd be curious as to what you're really getting .. the title says "white 24 Led strip" while the description says "package includes 16' 300 Led". The title seems to imply, to me at least, that you're only getting a 24 Led strip not the whole 16 feet. These rolls are usually sold in 5 meters which is really 16.4'. Also the price seems way too cheap for 5 meters based on my shopping experience a couple months ago. I could be wrong but thought I'd mention it.

To give you an idea that same site has the 5 meter roll in blue for $23.98 here: http://www.rakuten.com/prod/flexible...221861731.html which is kind of high price for a 3528 strip. I paid 20.96 for 5 meter 5050 RGB 60 led/meter waterproof strip with the IR remote included .. bought it via e b a y.
Could you PM a link to the one you bought?
pmcarbrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 08:42 PM   #4
sowNreap
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by pmcarbrey View Post
Could you PM a link to the one you bought?
Sorry for the late reply .. but PM sent now. For some reason I didn't get an email that you replied to my post so I didn't see it til now.

For others that might be interested search item # 170922603127

The price is back up. It's $22.68 right now but might come back down. I checked the item history and it seems I got it at it's lowest price of $19.96 back in December since then the price as been pretty steady at $22.68. That's still not a bad deal for it. It is a Chinese seller but ships from USA so can get it quicker.
sowNreap is offline   Reply With Quote