Help!!! - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 03-20-2013, 01:43 AM   #16
stevekx500
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
You can definitely use the Seachem products if you are more comfortable using them. As you already know, dry fertilizers will be cheaper, so if you want, you can look into them in the future.

I don't know too much about snail health myself, but as you mentioned, their behaviour does not seem normal - I would keep monitoring them (have they shown any abnormal signs of behaviour since then?)
Yeah that was my theory = Use them in the future

Some yes, Some no. A few didn't make it Others r out & about acting normal. I am going 2 dose @ least twice a week w/ EVERYTHING 4 the first week or two & see how that goes with these new ferts.
stevekx500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2013, 02:01 AM   #17
stevekx500
Algae Grower

Know where I can get some that solution @?
Old 03-21-2013, 01:13 AM   #18
stevekx500
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkblade48 View Post
Others will also tell you that using 4 dkH reference solution (and not tap/distilled/DI/RO/aquarium water) is the correct way to do it.

Using aquarium water (which has other DOCs in it that may affect kH) will ultimately skew your CO2 estimation using the pH/kH/CO2 relationship.

But, as mentioned, increasing your fertilization and CO2 will help with eliminating algae (in general). If you provide us with a photograph, we can also help identify the type of algae you have, and the best way to combat it as well.
Here's a pic of it...

Click image for larger version

Name:	aquarium 5.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	128.4 KB
ID:	109242
Old 03-21-2013, 03:15 AM   #19
chew
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)
Default Help!!!

It's bba. Mostly due to fluctuating of co2 levels and/or too much lighting. You can spot treat it when you do water changes with excel or h2o2. There's a sticky in the algae section that will help a lot as well
Old 03-21-2013, 02:17 PM   #20
stevekx500
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by chew View Post
it's bba. Mostly due to fluctuating of co2 levels and/or too much lighting. You can spot treat it when you do water changes with excel or h2o2. There's a sticky in the algae section that will help a lot as well
i will def check that section out. Thinkin about turning off 1 of my light fixtures & turnin up the co2 a tad, its @ about 3 bps now = just eyeballin it in my bubble counter. I also have a red sea co2 indicator & its green but im gonna change the solution it came w/ 2 a 4 dkh solution & see what it does. Gonna do a bleach / water bath this evening w/ that plant as well. Its on the bottom part of that plant & also on a red plant thats in the back on the left hand side. I posted pics of my tank & setup on a newer thread so u can see the plants there... I would like 2 find the main cause so it doesnt return
Old 03-21-2013, 03:30 PM   #21
stevekx500
Algae Grower

This is what i'm gonna do when I get home from work =
The "One-Two Punch" Whole Tank Algae Treatment. Found this on the algae forum here. Thx everyone 4 their input. Hopefully now I will have a more beautiful, healthier tank