A Canadian abroad
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Massachusetts

Old 03-19-2013, 07:19 PM   #1
SomeCanuck
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)
Smile

A Canadian abroad

Hello Massachusetts!

I've got some 2012 vacation time that I need to use up before the end of April and I've been trying to figure out what to do with it. Suddenly, I had an idea: ROADTRIP!

I've been to NYC a bunch of times already so I figured I'd change it up and maybe give Boston a try. And that's why I'm coming to you folks.

I'm going to try and find some touristey or cool and interesting things in the Boston area to do via tourism sites and what not (though I am more than open to suggestions from any of you), but the point of this thread here is to get suggestions for aquarium-related and planted tank/fish/shrimp stops. I love going out and finding LFS when visiting places I've never been to because you never know what you may find. Or if anyone wants to show their tanks off to a Canadian visitor that could be cool too.

Assuming this trip actually happens, according to Google Maps, I'll end up taking the I-89 and I-93, so anything more or less along that route or in the greater Boston area would be cool. I might not stop everywhere, but I'd love to hit up a few different places. I'm planning on making the trek mid- or late April.

Thanks for taking the time to read through all that! haha. I look forward to looking into any possible suggestions.

Oh, and because some people might find it relevant, I'm a 27 year old guy, ops manager for a national media company; there will be no pillaging on this polite Canadian incursion. Promise.
SomeCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 08:40 PM   #2
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/96%)

plan your trip for when h4n completes his fish room! =D lol
aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 12:28 AM   #3
allknighter
Algae Grower

PTrader: (13/100%)

The best time to come is third monday of the month; the Boston Aquatic Society meets at the New England Aquarium; there's usually a (tiny) bowl show, a speaker, and a pretty nice auction with great selection.

I'd also recommend visiting Unique Aquaria up in Woburn if you're seeking a great fish shop.

Welcome Canadians! My girlfriend hails from Alberta so I know how nice you can be north of the border.
allknighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:00 AM   #4
SomeCanuck
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aluka View Post
plan your trip for when h4n completes his fish room! =D lol
Yeah! I noticed just today that he was in Massachusetts and was trying to figure out how much of a detour it would make hehe

Quote:
Originally Posted by allknighter View Post
The best time to come is third monday of the month; the Boston Aquatic Society meets at the New England Aquarium; there's usually a (tiny) bowl show, a speaker, and a pretty nice auction with great selection.

I'd also recommend visiting Unique Aquaria up in Woburn if you're seeking a great fish shop.

Welcome Canadians! My girlfriend hails from Alberta so I know how nice you can be north of the border.
Oooo, that'd be cool. Are non-members welcome? I'd love to just poke in and observe. Annnnnnd it happens somewhere I would probably love to visit too, so that's an awesome bonus. Our local aquarium groups meet in an old school haha
SomeCanuck is offline   Reply With Quote