Activity - Page 10
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 03-18-2013, 02:38 PM   #136
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Going to Preuss's today, Going to do a lot of window shopping while I'm there, and try to learn as much as I can from the employees, and even my fellow customers.

While in Lansing I may be getting some shrimp from a guy I found, just some RCS to start me off after Ghost shrimp.

Also, I got an incredibly dark Meeki, and a regular Meeki last night, hoping they pair up eventually.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 02:49 PM   #137
seuadr
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maechael View Post
Going to Preuss's today, Going to do a lot of window shopping while I'm there, and try to learn as much as I can from the employees, and even my fellow customers.

While in Lansing I may be getting some shrimp from a guy I found, just some RCS to start me off after Ghost shrimp.

Also, I got an incredibly dark Meeki, and a regular Meeki last night, hoping they pair up eventually.
talk to pat if you can, he seems pretty knowledgeable.
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2013, 03:54 PM   #138
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Will Do Seuadr, and I've heard good things about a guy named Jim, or J.D.

This is my first trip there since I've owned aquariums.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-18-2013, 03:58 PM   #139
seuadr
Planted Member

Quote:
Will Do Seuadr, and I've heard good things about a guy named Jim, or J.D.

This is my first trip there since I've owned aquariums.
and of course, if you can, rick is the owner.
Old 03-19-2013, 04:17 AM   #140
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

So mostly Shock and Awe didn't Get any shrimp sadly, everything didn't get in order in time for that. The shrimp they did have, were tiny, and I didn't want to risk it at 16.99 a pop.

Got some plants, duckweed, water lettuce, and some scratch and dent plants.
Would have loved to grab half the store and come home with it.

Didn't really remember to talk to anyone specifically, so I just grabbed business Cards and Gave an FB like to their page.

Can't wait to go back next time.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-19-2013, 10:04 AM   #141
seuadr
Planted Member

Quote:
So mostly Shock and Awe didn't Get any shrimp sadly, everything didn't get in order in time for that. The shrimp they did have, were tiny, and I didn't want to risk it at 16.99 a pop.

Got some plants, duckweed, water lettuce, and some scratch and dent plants.
Would have loved to grab half the store and come home with it.

Didn't really remember to talk to anyone specifically, so I just grabbed business Cards and Gave an FB like to their page.

Can't wait to go back next time.
great!

i forgot about you working at the goalpost.. i used to work at the GNC store in the outlet, we would order from you guys all the time!
Old 03-20-2013, 05:11 AM   #142
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Haha, The mall people do love us, as long as the food is there within 20 minutes of ordering.

So Dotty's in Clio is having a sale on quite a bit of stuff at the moment.

Picked up some combo tank/filters for 12.99, Wish I had enough to go get the rest of them.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-20-2013, 12:03 PM   #143
seuadr
Planted Member

Quote:
Haha, The mall people do love us, as long as the food is there within 20 minutes of ordering.

So Dotty's in Clio is having a sale on quite a bit of stuff at the moment.

Picked up some combo tank/filters for 12.99, Wish I had enough to go get the rest of them.
i never realized that dottys had aquarium stuff!
Old 03-21-2013, 06:08 AM   #144
kade james
Algae Grower

heyheyhey
im evan and i live in the hood of saginaw.

1. 75 with 6 platys, 2 dwarf neon rainbows, 1 austrailian rainbowfish, 5 german blue rams, 3 dollmation mollies, 3 synodontis hybrid catfish, 3 rainbow sharks, 1 dwarf honey gourami, 1 golden gourami, 1 blue dwarf gourami, 3 scissortail rasboras, 3 plecos, 1 irredecent shark, 2 emerald corries, 2 guppies, 2 blackskirt tetras, 1 angelfish
2. 29 with guppy, endler fry, 3 adult female endlers, 1 male, 2 spotted cories, 1 baby brislenose pleco, 1 otto, 2 cherrie barbs, 2 harlequin rasboras, 10+ ghost shrimp (2 just gave birth)
3. 10g with 4 guppies and a crayfish
.......LFS Ocean Odessey, saginaw michigan
kade james is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 01:02 PM   #145
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

Welcome Evan. You have some nicely stocked tanks.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2013, 03:49 PM   #146
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Going to Preuss pets today.
Old 03-22-2013, 04:35 AM   #147
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

Best of luck all with that trip
Hope you get some extra stuff to bring home.

Hoping to go get more 10Gallons from dottys.

~George Orwell~

~Charles Darwin~
Old 03-22-2013, 01:03 PM   #148
BarbH
Planted Member

Default Re: Activity

Have gotten some progress done on setting up my 72 gallon. Couple of nights ago I got the old substrate removed from when it had been set up as a saltwater tank. Yesterday my canister filter and heater came in from Big Als. Today I am planning on filling it up with water and distilled white vinegar to soak over night, and start getting the glass cleaned up. It is looking like I will have the tank up and running by the middle of next month.

Sent from my SCH-R720 using Tapatalk 2
BarbH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:47 PM   #149
seuadr
Planted Member

well i met plant keeper at preusses today and picked up a fluval spec 2 gallon. this is going to be my cubical tank.. i can't have fish, but it looks like i can probably get away with snails and mebby a shrimp. I'm gonna plant it up either way.

i'm thinking of trying a dry start on this tank, but i don't wanna deal with all the melting of the plants i like the look of. i wanted to put some anubas in there (including one i got off plant keeper) but i'm not sure how many/if they will melt once the tank is filled. mebby i'll just got high light/high co2 and ferts for a month instead..

thoughts?
Old 03-22-2013, 04:58 PM   #150
Plant keeper
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by seuadr View Post
well i met plant keeper at preusses today and picked up a fluval spec 2 gallon. this is going to be my cubical tank.. i can't have fish, but it looks like i can probably get away with snails and mebby a shrimp. I'm gonna plant it up either way.

i'm thinking of trying a dry start on this tank, but i don't wanna deal with all the melting of the plants i like the look of. i wanted to put some anubas in there (including one i got off plant keeper) but i'm not sure how many/if they will melt once the tank is filled. mebby i'll just got high light/high co2 and ferts for a month instead..

thoughts?
It was nice to meet you too.