ADA 36W 8000K Bulbs over 40Breeder Fixture Suggestions
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Old 03-18-2013, 02:16 PM   #1
Johnny Tang
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

ADA 36W 8000K Bulbs over 40Breeder Fixture Suggestions

Hello guys and girls,

I am setting up my 4th tank, a 40 Breeder and am looking for lighting options. I have an ADA 45F with the 36W NA 8000K Bulb in it and I LOVE the look it gives the plants.

So my question is, What would be a good option for a fixture to use over this tank that I could use the ADA bulbs in? I would like it to be high light or medium-high.

I will be running inline CO2 and dosing ADA Brighty K, Green Brighty Step 1, and the occasional iron dose for my red ludwigia.

Thanks!

Edit: I would also like to mention that I am planning on building conduit hangers for it but legs are a plus until I can get around to it.
Johnny Tang is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2013, 05:25 PM   #2
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

You would have to build a fixture or retrofit an existing one but this company gets great reviews- http://www.ahsupply.com/36-55w.htm

I believe that that all ADA bulbs are PC, unless you want go go with an MH lamp. Well they do LED now but not in a size that would fit. I don't know of any good PC fixtures in general, much less one that would be easy to find since most companies have moved on from them.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:32 AM   #3
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

I assume you are using the PC 36w bulb, which I have seen in person, and I agree the color rendition has been my favorite to date, it gives a nice forest green look that I love.

They also make other bulbs that go in their Green Glo fixture, I think they are T10 or T12, I sent them an email on bulb type but they never responded.

The PC is 20 inches long, you could use a Solar II which are on sale right now and have x2 36w bulbs or a Grand Solar II which uses 4.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote