57 rimless ordered
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 03-18-2013, 11:30 PM   #1
Brich999
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

57 rimless ordered

So I ordered the 57 rimless today and am excited but nervous at the same time. I went with undrilled plain glass box over removing the overflow and using the drilled holes for a closed loop on a pair of canisters(guess lily pipes aren't so bad) and ordered up a eheim 2217 with plans to add another in the near future.

Still need:
1- hydor eth200
1- kessil a150w amazon sun
Custom stand

Down the road I plan to add pressurized co2, another kessil led, and another 2217 with a heater.

I know at first it will be relatively dim but I'm going for a backwater apistogramma setup and they will appreciate the lower lighting. (I know it's different but I used to use 4-10w led floodlights to light my 8'x4'x2' 500g so 64w seems like a ton on this)

Only plants I'm planning are different ferns and anubias species all attached to driftwood and off the bottom. One big question is do you think co2 will be any noticeable help before I add the 2nd kessil? I'm definitely planning on doing low dosage co2 and I know anubias andnferns will be fine without it and won't grow super quick with it, but I'm thinking it will help? Prob be my 1st upgrade
Brich999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-19-2013, 12:40 AM   #2
meppitech
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Co2 is a great supplement! When i added it, "whoa!". Definately worth it even in low amounts under any amout of light.
meppitech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:17 AM   #3
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Congrats, this sounds like a nice plan.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 01:21 AM   #4
steveo
Algae Grower

Look into using Seachem Excel- a liquid organic carbon product. In my low light tank, I use every other day with excellent results.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 09:59 PM   #5
Brich999
Algae Grower

I use excel and flourish in a nano tank, but it kinda makes me nervous. I watch when a tetra swims through the cloud and goes insane. I'd be more comfortable with co2 on a timer at low dosage, but will definitely add this first. I was thinking it would be nearly useless until I added more light but guess not.

I know GLA is basically the standard in regulators and such, for a reliable regulator would you go with the atomic or one of their more traditional regulators? I already know I'm going inline difuser and 5lb tank, but much reading on reviews led me to these 2
Brich999 is offline   Reply With Quote