Custom made lily pipes
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 03-17-2013, 06:06 PM   #1
tmccarty
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Custom made lily pipes

Thought I would put this out there to see if there is any interest in
Having custom made Lily pipes for your tank. My Boyfriend is a glassblower who
Is also a reefkeeper and was looking to see if there was any interest. Hit me up via PM if you are.
tmccarty is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 10:15 PM   #2
denske
Crypt addiction

PTrader: (10/100%)

It would be great to see some pics of some first.
denske is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 02:58 AM   #3
tmccarty
Algae Grower

I realized just a bit ago that I need to clarify this post. I was posting to see if there was any interest. He has been making custom glasswork for quite a few years now and that is actually how he earns his living. The original post was to see if there was any interest. We were driving and he asked if I thought Planted tank enthusiast would be interested in custom made lily pipes after I showed him a set up with some. I will see if he will create a few and then I will post pics. Sorry for any confusion.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:18 AM   #4
stevenjohn21
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (12/100%)

I would be intrested. Im guessing the size and style can be made to preference ?

“Football is a simple game; 22 men chase a ball for 90 minutes and at the end, the Germans win.” -Gary Linekar

"Some people are on the pitch! They think it's all over! It is now, it's four!" -Kenneth Wolstenholme
stevenjohn21 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 03:30 AM   #5
tmccarty
Algae Grower

Actually they could be. He expressed more interest in doing custom pieces to fit individual requirements. He is a saltwater guy with a 90gallon reef tank and a 14gallon nano reef so he is no stranger to the fishkeeping world.(his tanks are all controlled from his phone with enough Tech to make a Borg salivate) I would be giving anyone interested his contact info so he would take over from there.
Old 03-18-2013, 03:32 AM   #6
jkan0228
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (115/100%)

There is certainly an interest/demand for custom made lily pipes, most of which are acrylic (harder to break than glass) and cheaper. The reason for this is due to the highly expensive ADA, Cal Aqua, Do!Aqua pipes that most people aren't willing to pay an arm and leg for.

If the price is right (well for anything), they will definitely sell.
jkan0228 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 02:55 PM   #7
hisxlency
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkan0228 View Post
There is certainly an interest/demand for custom made lily pipes, most of which are acrylic (harder to break than glass) and cheaper. The reason for this is due to the highly expensive ADA, Cal Aqua, Do!Aqua pipes that most people aren't willing to pay an arm and leg for.

If the price is right (well for anything), they will definitely sell.
agreed, if the price is good im for a set of 13mm's
hisxlency is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2013, 06:01 PM   #8
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

I don't know if I would have interest right now but that is only because I bought some DIY lily's.

I don't know how well it translates to his skill set but I am personally loving acrylic ones. I would have broken these about 2-3x now the way I handle them. I wouldn't be as rough if they were glass but I am just saying it's nice.

Examples of his work would be good. I really never saw myself buying DIY ones as I hadn't seen any I really liked until I bought the ones I have now. Most of us would probably only buy them if they were atleast as good as the Hong Kong ones you find on ebay, which are actually pretty good quality.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.