Help with a low tech setup
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Low Tech Forum

Old 03-17-2013, 05:52 PM   #1
Ri-Za
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Help with a low tech setup

Hi all

So I have had my fluval roma 125 for quite a while now, been through various aquascapes, some more successful than others but was looking for a bit of a change as I have been giving my tank a thorough clean as I seem to have been having a snail problem the past few weeks.

Here's a pic of my tank in it's roughly current state;

I have the standard 2 x T8 bulbs with an external aquamanta efx300 filter, dosing daily ferts (without co2) and my current stocking is;
5 Cardinal Tetras
4 Glowlight Tetras
2 Leopard Corys

I might rehome my glowlight tetras to an alternative tank to make room for more new fish in this tank. I was looking at a hillstream loach that looked really nice in my LFS but I don't think it would suit my tank in case I don't have a good oxygen level. I might also getting something that eats my snails in case I do have another outbreak!

I'm also looking to rescape my tank slightly, what would you guys suggest for this? I would like to stick with low lighting (although I would possibly change to high lighting if it is necessary) daily ferts and no co2 as I have been having some success in this compared to other alternatives I have tried before! Would you reckon my tank will be ok in it's current form to stay as low light or would you suggest upgrading my lights or something else? I think I might have to get some reflectors too.

Any advice welcome and thanks
Ri-Za is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2013, 06:30 PM   #2
MamaFish
Planted Member

PTrader: (1/100%)

I think your tank looks really nice! Maybe something shorter in the foreground? Dwarf Sag maybe? Or some petite nana anubias?
MamaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 08:21 PM   #3
Ri-Za
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Thanks mamafish! Unfortunately I had a few problems in my tank when I went on holiday and my sister didn't take care of it so quite a lot of things died which is why I'd like to take the opportunity to improve on what it was like!

What I do need is an easy growing low tech plant that I can carpet as I haven't had much luck in the past carpeting which I'd very much like to do!
Ri-Za is offline   Reply With Quote