Best Aquarium/Fish Shops in SC - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > South Carolina

Old 01-13-2013, 01:22 AM   #46
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gad View Post
No disrespect intended but that is one of the worst fish stores I've been to in my 40 years in the hobby all over the world. This post looks more like SPAM to me.
In fact I would bet money that is is in fact SPAM.
Eheim Pimp Club Member #287

Gad is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2013, 11:44 PM   #47
amberoze
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)
Default Re: Best Aquarium/Fish Shops in SC

I like the lazy creek stores in Lexington and Leesville. My wife and I know most of the employees personally and they are all very honest about their stock. That, to me, is more important than having a big selection or a lot of stock. Plus, they are willing to price match and special order if they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
amberoze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2013, 12:19 AM   #48
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by amberoze View Post
I like the lazy creek stores in Lexington and Leesville. My wife and I know most of the employees personally and they are all very honest about their stock. That, to me, is more important than having a big selection or a lot of stock. Plus, they are willing to price match and special order if they can.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2
I would second that. I almost forgot about Lazy Creek. We moved to Columbia a few years ago but used to buy food for our American Bulldog and occasionally a few fish here and there.

Old 04-04-2013, 05:47 AM   #49
DanTheGuppyMan
Algae Grower

PTrader: (1/100%)

Kind of late on the reply here, but Lazy Creek is awesome...I am in Lexington too and go there almost daily haha. I get everything there
DanTheGuppyMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2013, 10:29 PM   #50
sdrober1
Algae Grower

Seems like there's unmet demand in Myrtle beach. I'm looking to start breeding, selling, and growing plants. What's the demand like in the area?
sdrober1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2014, 11:26 PM   #51
Gad
Planted Tank Obsessed

Update on Fishy Business. I move and haven't been into the hobby for a couple years. I setup a 75 gallon for African Cichlids and stopped by there hoping to stock up. It looks like the same place but they must have a new owner. I bought two small catfish. Nothing else was of quality. Tanks are in sad shape. Not like it use to be. I ended up ordering my fish and supplies online.

Old 09-08-2014, 11:57 AM   #52
bhill66

I agree with the comments on Fishy Business. The stock is always minimal with mostly just common fish. Tanks are old and there are never enough employees to help you if you ever do want to buy something.

I do like the Lazy Creek Lexington store. Employees are very helpful and nice and take interest in you. I am setting up a 90 gallon low tech planted tank in the next couple months and they have been very helpful and interested in my plans and wanted to help in any way possible. Offering to order whatever fish I want. I have been looking for spider wood and they are the only place I can find it.

I was in Charleston SC this weekend and went to Age of Aquariums and Tideline Aquatics and neither carried spider wood.
Tideline does have a good stock of fish and were very friendly but only sell driftwood out of their tanks and they say it is mainly wood found in the area.
Age of Aquariums did have some driftwood but not a big supply and no spider wood. Their fish supply was limited also.
bhill66 is offline   Reply With Quote