The prefixes of Cycle
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Michigan

Old 03-12-2013, 01:19 PM   #1
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

The prefixes of Cycle

UP, RE, DOWN.

For some reason this has been in my head lately, realizing that out of all of my equipment exactly 2 filters (marineland penguins) 2 air pumps (both already showing wear) are all I have new.

I have 6 filters, 4 of which are reused, repaired and recycles all in one!
All of my heaters are proven in previous owners tanks.
A good portion of my substrate too.

I would love to see what could happen if some of us, who aren't using things anymore, simply shifted them.

I'm not asking anyone to give away the 125G they just haven't had the time to setup just yet, but if you have 20 heaters and 4 tanks, keep the ones you want and earn yourself some Karma if not cash.

I'd gladly take donations of working equipment, and would gladly pass anything I didn't need on to anyone else in the hobby I come across in need.

Well, I'm sure I seem crazy by now, Hope to see something come of this.

Keep your friends wet, and your floors dry my friends.

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2013, 03:00 PM   #2
seuadr
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

another forum i am a member of has a "feel good karma, free items thread" where, like RAOK an item is offered up for karma. it is intersting to watch. i've donated some stuff (it's a motorcycle website, with high traffic)

i think that our local community forum is probably too small to susbstain anything like that on the same level, but it is worth a try.

it is similar to what i was thinking with the swap thread.. kind of a "i've got XXX and i'd like to offer it up for your trade and lets see where we end up" kind of idea.
seuadr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2013, 04:13 PM   #3
Maechael
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yeah, I'm happy to hear the idea seems worthwhile, even in it requires more traffic than the Michigan section on TPT gets. I'm considering buying some stuff from garage sales come spring, when that happens, I'll be keeping an eye open for any and all hobby related materials.

Never know, I might find a great deal on some equipment, or some cool magazines.
Anything I don't need, that didn't cost me too much, will get passed on to those who could use it.

I'm trying to foster together the small group of locals into a club, and what better way than giving free stuff out?

~George Orwell~

It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.

~Charles Darwin~
Maechael is offline   Reply With Quote