New to live plants. Advice wanted.
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Plants

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-06-2013, 09:43 AM   #1
Hvnzfire
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default New to live plants. Advice wanted.

I am new to the site as well as to live plants in my tanks. I was wondering if I could get some advice on what type plants I should get and how to keep them alive. Also where to buy said plants. I have looked at lots of plants. Here are a few I was thinking about. Fissidens spla, glossostigma elatinoides, and pellia. I have a 37 gallon freshwater tank, glass beads are what I have used for the gravel, I keep the temp at around 72 to 74 degrees, light is on 12 hours a day. I have a few goldfish right now. I intend to have live bearers mainly. I also will have a couple of plecos. Any advice as to were to purchase plants etc.. as well as advice on easy to keep plants for a beginner would be much appreciated. If you know a good place to buy fish that would be great too. Here in Tupelo, Ms. we only have a petsmart and I am not happy with the quality of fish or plants they have...not to mention the price for said items.
Hvnzfire is offline   Reply With Quote