Least Killifish
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 03-05-2013, 01:17 AM   #1
aluka
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (23/96%)

Least Killifish

Hi,

I got a pair of least kilifish and 2 babies. I was wondering if it is safe to keep them with my shrimp colony. they are pretty tiny. The person that sold them to me said they keep them with their cherry colony, but he cannot say if they ate any of the babies or not.

I have a bit of a daphnia issue, which is why i want to put them in with the shrimps lol. Or should i put them in let them eat all the daphnia and then put them in their own tank?
aluka is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-05-2013, 02:12 AM   #2
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

There is 1 or 2 members that keep them with shrimp. They are one of the smallest fish you can get, so they are probably fairly safe and in a well planted or big moss tank, probably wouldn't peck off too many babies.

With that said, I might keep them with cherries or yellows or something that is prolific and cheap if a few babies are eaten. They wouldn't be kept with my SSS or anything though, 1 baby eaten is a $15-$20 snack. lol.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 06:33 AM   #3
Bananariot
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

I took them out......eventually I saw them go after juvie shrimp and wondered where all the babies went.......

Now the babies are out about and roaming.
Bananariot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #4
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)
Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

mine never bothered baby shrimp but it kinda depends on the fish. i also have a betta with some of my mystery shrimp and he doesnt eat them but most have problems with bettas and shrimp
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote