Dollar per gallon sale for 40B and 55 at Petco - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2013, 10:47 AM   #16
mistahoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
mistahoo's Avatar
 
PTrader: (11/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 747
Default

Dollar per gallon sale for 40B and 55 at Petco


Quote:
Originally Posted by In.a.Box View Post
petsmart doesnt do the $1 gallon sale.
petco doesnt do 75g... only up 55g
Don't know if your local ones do, but in Houston, they do. They only do it if Petco is, but you have to mention that Petco is doing their sale and they will honor the sale. I don't see why you'd want a Topfin tank over an Aqueon tank though. If they're the same price, might as well go for the higher quality one.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.
__________________
SunSun Pimp #82|RAOK Club Member #89|Eheim Pimp #543

210G|1.5G Iwagumi DSM|5G Fluval Chi
mistahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-26-2013, 07:23 PM   #17
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Ameri,CA
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahoo View Post
Don't know if your local ones do, but in Houston, they do. They only do it if Petco is, but you have to mention that Petco is doing their sale and they will honor the sale. I don't see why you'd want a Topfin tank over an Aqueon tank though. If they're the same price, might as well go for the higher quality one.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.
Petco has been in Hawaii for about 2 years(?) I can only remember having the sale once since they have opened. I suspect the shipping costs for the tanks is the reason why they hardly have these sales here.
Kai808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 10:12 PM   #18
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 562
Default

After reading a the replies on this thread I went to petco it's not $1 a gallon $75 for the 40B and 90 for the 55. But here's the catch 22 petco will honor the $1 til the end of the month but only can buy 1 of each.

Not I went to petsmart and they honor the $1 a gallon. Cause petco is their competitor. I bought 3 40B from petsmart. Cause quality is better. Lol
daboss808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2013, 01:46 AM   #19
mistahoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
mistahoo's Avatar
 
PTrader: (11/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 747
Default Re: Dollar per gallon sale for 40B and 55 at Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss808 View Post
After reading a the replies on this thread I went to petco it's not $1 a gallon $75 for the 40B and 90 for the 55. But here's the catch 22 petco will honor the $1 til the end of the month but only can buy 1 of each.

Not I went to petsmart and they honor the $1 a gallon. Cause petco is their competitor. I bought 3 40B from petsmart. Cause quality is better. Lol
Petsmart tanks are topfin which are lower quality than Petco's Aqueon tanks. The sale might not have been the $1/gal but just a regular sale? The Petcos here do the sale at least 2x a year. Last year they did it 3-4x. Only 10-55gal though.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.
__________________
SunSun Pimp #82|RAOK Club Member #89|Eheim Pimp #543

210G|1.5G Iwagumi DSM|5G Fluval Chi
mistahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 04:07 AM   #20
eightoeight
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (7/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: USA
Posts: 20
Default

I stopped by Petco Beretania today:

Aqueon 55 Gallon $72.99
Aqueon 40 Gallon $72.99
eightoeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:48 AM   #21
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightoeight View Post
I stopped by Petco Beretania today:

Aqueon 55 Gallon $72.99
Aqueon 40 Gallon $72.99

If u talked to the manager and said u saw on forums they were selling 40b and 55 gallons for $1 a gallon. They will honor it.
daboss808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 07:51 AM   #22
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
PTrader: (2/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Honolulu, Hawaii
Posts: 562
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mistahoo View Post
Petsmart tanks are topfin which are lower quality than Petco's Aqueon tanks. The sale might not have been the $1/gal but just a regular sale? The Petcos here do the sale at least 2x a year. Last year they did it 3-4x. Only 10-55gal though.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.
I have found aqueon has reduced their quality by alot. My topfin aquarium holds more pressure than a aqueon tank. I do heavy duty iwagumi tanks and I put nine rocks in um it holds and the tank is on the top. Now a aqueon can only hold 5 rocks, 7 rocks it cracked and leaked.
daboss808 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2013, 08:05 AM   #23
mistahoo
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
mistahoo's Avatar
 
PTrader: (11/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Houston,Tx
Posts: 747
Default Re: Dollar per gallon sale for 40B and 55 at Petco

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss808 View Post
I have found aqueon has reduced their quality by alot. My topfin aquarium holds more pressure than a aqueon tank. I do heavy duty iwagumi tanks and I put nine rocks in um it holds and the tank is on the top. Now a aqueon can only hold 5 rocks, 7 rocks it cracked and leaked.
Odd. Over here it's the opposite. The Topfin tanks are very low quality and the Aqueon tanks are decent. Always have a Topfin tank leak or crack. I guess it's different everywhere. Some people in other states have seal problems with Aqueon but nothing like that really happens in Houston.

Sent from my spaceship using Tapatalk 2.
__________________
SunSun Pimp #82|RAOK Club Member #89|Eheim Pimp #543

210G|1.5G Iwagumi DSM|5G Fluval Chi
mistahoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 09:14 PM   #24
Morbo
Algae Grower
 
Morbo's Avatar
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: HI
Posts: 62
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by daboss808 View Post
If u talked to the manager and said u saw on forums they were selling 40b and 55 gallons for $1 a gallon. They will honor it.
Just wanted to mention that I tried this at Petco Beretania and it works. If you talk to a regular sales person they'll say no, but just talk to the main fish dude and he'll say that his manager will honor it (but only the 40b and 55, nothing smaller).
Morbo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 03:04 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012