How many ml/drops do i need for this?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 03-03-2013, 04:45 PM   #1
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (51/96%)
Question

How many ml/drops do i need for this?

Hello

I have mosura mineral plus ultra ... I would like to get help on how many ml/drops do I need to put in my 7 gallons crs/cbs tank when I do a RO water change? My PH is 6.7.

In another word, how to use it or do it right?

Thanks
Master503 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #2
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)

Add it to your RO water first before you change until the RO water is at the desired gH/TDS, usually around 5gH/150TDS for a CRS/TB tank.

It's hard to say, at least for me, because I found Mosura's stuff to be different from bottle to bottle.

Also, did you fill the bottle up with distilled water first? Mosura usually comes with very little in the bottle and you have to fill it first to dilute it.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
GeToChKn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 04:51 PM   #3
Loachutus
Planted Member

PTrader: (12/100%)

Get a Gh test and/or a TDS pen.
Old 03-03-2013, 05:17 PM   #4
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)

Yeah, there is no standard dose when it comes to mmpu.. Just have to mix and test. Also when you dilute the bottle, you gotta shake the crap out of it for a looooonnnnngg time to dissolve all of the crystals.
mordalphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 05:21 PM   #5
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordalphus View Post
Yeah, there is no standard dose when it comes to mmpu.. Just have to mix and test. Also when you dilute the bottle, you gotta shake the crap out of it for a looooonnnnngg time to dissolve all of the crystals.
Part of the reason when my last bottle was done, I didn't buy anymore. It's expensive for one, and two, it was never consistent. So far, the salty bee gh+ stuff has been consistent. One scoop, 5gal jug, TDS is within a few ppm every time.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
Old 03-03-2013, 05:23 PM   #6
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I did fill the bottle mmp with RO water to full bottle. But i believe i didnt shake long enought. So if I put about 1-2 gallons of RO water in container, i must fill mmp in that container to about 150tds? Will that reach to about 4-5gh?

I do have the tester for tds/gh/kh
Old 03-03-2013, 05:56 PM   #7
somewhatshocked
Obsessed? Maybe

PTrader: (430/100%)

What folks are saying is that you have to measure each and every time when using Mosura Mineral Plus Ultra.

Since the product seems to vary from bottle to bottle, it's tough to say whether a certain measurement would end up being a specific degree of hardness. Way too many variables with it, unfortunately.
somewhatshocked is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:46 PM   #8
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I tested my SSS crs/cbs tank water this morning... The tds is 154... But when i test the GH .. About 10 drops and still didnt turn to green (api test) . Normally before without use mosura mineral plus ultra, take about 3-5 drops then turn to green. What should i do? Maybe i didnt do right from mmp because I did wc from last night, took out about two gallons water, replace back with two gallons RO water mixed with mmp about 3ml. For now, none of thing happen to my shrimps yet.

Should I redo the ro mix again with mmp and do another same amount wc?
Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #9
!Alex!
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well first off the ph you have is not good for what you have right now you need to reduce to 6.2-6.4 I have a similar tank to yours, but. 5gallons

Tank specs:
Ph 6.2-6.4
Tds 160 I keep it at a low level just incase
Soil bacter 100 ada aqua soil powder sand.
www.adgshop.com for more info
LIGHT:Green element modified
Heater cobalt heat mini
Species: CRS BCS GRADE SSS CHERRY SHRIMP A SNOWBALL SHRIMP ASSASSIN SNAILS DRAGON PLECOS BRISLE NOSE PLECOS

If you got any questions contact me.

Last edited by !Alex!; 03-03-2013 at 07:58 PM.. Reason: URL typo
!Alex! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #10
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

Something not right. 1 degree of gH should be ~ 17.9ppm. If it was at least 10+ gh, that would be 17.9*10, at lest 179TDS.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
Old 03-03-2013, 07:59 PM   #11
GeToChKn
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by !Alex! View Post
Well first off the ph you have is not good for what you have right now you need to reduce to 6.2-6.4 I have a similar tank to yours, but. 5gallons

Tank specs:
Ph 6.2-6.4
Tds 160 I keep it at a low level just incase
Soil bacter 100 ada aqua soil powder sand.
Www.adg.com for more info
LIGHT:Green element modified
Heater cobalt heat mini
Species: CRS BCS GRADE SSS CHERRY SHRIMP A SNOWBALL SHRIMP ASSASSIN SNAILS DRAGON PLECOS BRISLE NOSE PLECOS

If you got any questions contact me.
A pH of 6.7 is fine for CRS for one. Two, this has to do with his RO water and Mosura mineral plus, not pH.

Sump Pimp #2

My Tanks and my shrimps
Old 03-03-2013, 08:03 PM   #12
!Alex!
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Master503 View Post
I tested my SSS crs/cbs tank water this morning... The tds is 154... But when i test the GH .. About 10 drops and still didnt turn to green (api test) . Normally before without use mosura mineral plus ultra, take about 3-5 drops then turn to green. What should i do? Maybe i didnt do right from mmp because I did wc from last night, took out about two gallons water, replace back with two gallons RO water mixed with mmp about 3ml. For now, none of thing happen to my shrimps yet.

For now

Him looks like you dose to fast what I would is dose one a day and do a water test daily I would keep record of the water and see the stats. If it just out of control do ro water and don't put any mix in it.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:05 PM   #13
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

By the way, before i use mmp product or RO water. I just use my tap water mix with few drops of prime and seat there for few days before i use for wc, i also mix with seachem equilibrium to boost gh and tds to about 140-150. .

My tap water without mix anything, ph 6.7- 6.8 , tds is 11 only.

If i just use tap water like mentioned above, yes Those crs/cbs got babies fine..

However now i start use Ro and mmp product ... So i am not sure the right way yet
Old 03-03-2013, 08:29 PM   #14
!Alex!
Algae Grower

Oh younger some tap water it's fine I usually go full ro water with minerals.
Old 03-03-2013, 08:38 PM   #15
Master503
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Alright, i just mix 1gallon RO with 3ml of mmp (16drops = 1ml exact) .. It bring up to 150 tds. But when i test gh, at 12drops already and still orange color, not even light green or green yet. Does that mean i need to bring up tds more from ro water? If so then i need to add about 1ml from mmp into current 1gallon ro water in container