15 Gallon Column
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 03-01-2013, 05:31 PM   #1
tim85

PTrader: (0/0%)

15 Gallon Column

Here are some pics of a tank I have been working on. Just put the wood in today been soaking and boiling for a month now. I would let the wood soak for a week and then boil for a few hours the repeat the process and it seem to of stop turning the water colors. Lighting was hard on this tank for now I cut a piece of lexan and used plant hangers to hang the lights over the tank. I plan on building a hood that keeps with the column feeling. I am using 2 13w CFL 6500k daylight bulbs and they seem to be working well. I am using DIY CO2 and no ferts yet plants seem to be doing well without. Any comments would be great.
tim85 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2013, 06:04 PM   #2
Ulupica
Algae Grower

What kind of fauna are you planning? I picked up one of these tanks practically new for $25 but haven't decided what to do with it yet.
Ulupica is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2013, 06:16 PM   #3
tim85

Yeah Im not sure yet either I know some shrimp but im not sure on fish yet
Old 03-02-2013, 04:59 PM   #4
tim85

Any ideas what should I do next? Ive seen on the forums were you guys put moss in some sort of mesh bag and it makes what looks like moss balls? Can someone give me a pointer on this? I have java moss in my 55 gallon tank that I plan on putting on the driftwood also.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.