CO2 generation and homeade diffuser
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 12-20-2002, 10:11 PM   #1
cvarcher
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Well while Im waiting for my 5lb tank I decided to rig up a DIY 1/2gal jug and yeast to the 15 gal tank.Now I have some purge/trap glassware from my lab that has an awsome diffusing frit just like the AMano typ diffuser.What I did was attach a tygon tube coupler to the glass and attached the whole thing to the intake tube of my whisper 2 filter.I had to drill some tiny holes in the bottom of the intakestrainer as there was none there.After 2 hours of reaction I was astonished at the generation of bubbles.Id say at least 4-5 per second in 1/8" size which the diffuser then broke down to hundreds of micro fizz bubbles which then got sucked into the filter direct! Yes I can hear that tapping sound now!!!I attached a CO2 indicator and its green which is optimum.I can probably make several more of these diffusers and attach the tygon coupler if anyone is interested in one.I dont have pics of it other than it looks much like the amano one.Id like $20 for my work making them plus say $3 shipping.If your not happy with it,Ill give you your $ back ,but I can tell you Im tickled to see this working very efficiently.Oh there is a sort of bubble counter in that the glass neck inside diameter leading to the frit is very small so if the speed casn be controlled,you can definately see each bubblecome up to the frit.This was a yeast factory so its running full tilt.The plastic bottle is very hard from the pressure.
cvarcher is offline   Reply With Quote