40 Gallon Breeder Aquascape Ideas?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 03-01-2013, 07:56 PM   #1
drwonga
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

40 Gallon Breeder Aquascape Ideas?

Hello Folks,

I'm planning on converting my existing tank over to a West African river themed biotope. I'm thinking of keeping Congo Tetras, an African Butterfly Fish, an Elephant Nose, and maybe an Upside Down Catfish. For plants, I'm thinking of Bolbitis heudelotti, Anubias nana, a single Nymphaea maculeta, and possibly Crinum aquatica or calamistratum. I think I will need to get lots of branchy driftwood as well, and a couple larger rocks.

What style of aquascapes would be suitable for the 40 gallon breeder dimensions? (36"x18"x16") I am leaning towards an island style aquascape, or a triangle style. Any other styles that might be worth investigating?
drwonga is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-02-2013, 05:33 AM   #2
hunterlook
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (2/100%)

I am in the planning stage of my 40B as well. I'm scavenging for a nice branchy piece of manzanita drifwood that I'm going to partially bury in the back corner (where i'll have elevated substrate) then hope to have the branches stretch across the tank with parts of them buried as well. I'd like for it to look like roots emerging from the ground throughout the tank and offer a "natural" look like it's been there for a while. I hope that offers a spark of creativity for you!
hunterlook is offline   Reply With Quote