Ten Gallon Aquascape: Heavily Planted
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Aquascaping

Old 03-02-2013, 02:27 AM   #1
mackamoo23
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Ten Gallon Aquascape: Heavily Planted

Hello, TPT! I hope all of your aquariums are doing well! I have been waiting to start a ten gallon, heavily planted, tank for a while now, and the time has finally arrived. I will be using low-medium light, perhaps slightly stronger. I do not plan on using fertilizers or root tabs, etcetera, but I am open to the idea of building a DIY CO2 system if I must. The tank is going to house Red Cherry Shrimp and Malaysian Trumpet Snails, nothing more. The substrate will be Eco-Complete. I would love to have the centerpiece be real, not faux; perhaps a stump. I would like to have Amazon Frogbit and Lesser Duckweed as floaters, this is certain, please do not post your Duckweed rants! I would love to have a carpet throughout the tank, or at least the foreground, and I would also like to incorporate marimo balls. I would love for a heavily planted tank, but I am not sure what else to add to the tank. I was thinking about possibly adding Guppy Grass (tying it to the stump). What do you think I should add to the tank? I want the tank to be heavily planted with the specifications that I have mentioned. If you have any plants that I decide I would like in this thread, except for marimo balls, please PM me if you would like to sell them to me. I am new to aquascaping, and I apologize. I am hoping that this can be a very interactive discussion so that I can find the answers I am looking for. Thank-you for reading!
mackamoo23 is offline   Reply With Quote