Lighting for a 10 Gallon High Tech Setup
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Lighting

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-27-2013, 04:23 PM   #1
Cinbos
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)
Default Lighting for a 10 Gallon High Tech Setup

Let me first start off by saying that I have never kept a high tech setup, nor have I had a tank this small.

I plan on growing some sort of carpet (Just a carpet with some rock as the harscape and nothing else), just not sure what yet.

I also don't want to go all out for the lighting and spend a ton of coin. I want to keep this simple.

I plan on going the CFL route, and use either the dome fixtures or 1 or 2 desk lamps.

Whatever CFL bulbs I get, they will be 6,500K. Just need some guidance on how many and possibly what wattage. Please do not refer me to the PAR articles, lol, I have already looked at them, and they confuse the hell out of me.

I will also have DIY CO2 for the tank, and I already have my recipe and items to set that up. I also have the mineralized substrate ready to go, and I also have the tank. Just need the plants and lighting figured out. This will purley be a shrimp tank, and maybe a small schooling fish, thats it.

Thanks for all the help in advance!

Fish
3 GBR, 2 Bolivian Rams, 1 Juvenile Super Red BN Plecos, 9 Oto Catfish, 9 Bloodfin Tetras
Plants
Rotala Indica, Cardamine, Crypt Spiralis, Pygmy Chain Swords, Dwarf Sag, Lutea Crypt, Wendtti Bronze and Red, and Floating Frogbit
Cinbos is offline   Reply With Quote