Unzan 75-P - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-23-2013, 06:59 AM   #46
TheGuy
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: With the fish....
Posts: 234
Default

Unzan 75-P


For some reason my small unzan stone floats and actually turned over. It seems they are quite buoyant.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-23-2013, 03:25 PM   #47
davidj12
Algae Grower
 
davidj12's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 137
Default

While Planting I noticed how much was really in the TC cups. It is quite deceptive. Looks like not much but I just kept on going to one cup and planting and planting and planting. There is really quite a bit of plant mass in each cup although it looks like not much. The only weird thing is the way the roots grow. It is completely different than a plant in rock wool. The plant grows in a kind of nest looking thing and the roots are only a few mm long.


HC




Inside the cup




Attempting to wash the black goo out of the plants




Planting after three cups




DHG




The MM looked kind of weird. I'm interested to see how it grows out.




So it was getting late by this point and I forgot to take pictures of the other two plants sorry.


I realized that equilibrium sucks soooo bad. I had to mix some up to re-constitute my RO water and it made the tank cloudy for the rest of the night. It also did not mix well and some of it is still on the bottom of my tank





Next morning

__________________
davidj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 03:31 PM   #48
assasin6547
Planted Tank Enthusiast
 
assasin6547's Avatar
 
PTrader: (5/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Broomfield, CO
Posts: 726
Default

Looking awesome, I can't wait to see the plants grow in!
__________________
How I feel about non-planted aquariums.
assasin6547 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:14 PM   #49
davidj12
Algae Grower
 
davidj12's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 137
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGuy View Post
For some reason my small unzan stone floats and actually turned over. It seems they are quite buoyant.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
Wow that is super weird. Since they are lava stone I know that they have bubbles in them. Maybe you stone has a giant bubble in it? It's a shame you can't use it. Mine are staying down fine so far.
__________________
davidj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 04:39 PM   #50
TheGuy
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: With the fish....
Posts: 234
Default Re: Dave's 75-P

Idk, its staying now but it gave me a good bit of trouble for sure lol

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:42 PM   #51
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
PTrader: (97/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,390
Default

I use Seachem Equilibirum as well....it definitely does not mix well but it should be gone by tomorrow. The bigger chunks usually stay in my tank for 1-2 days.
hedge_fund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 05:45 PM   #52
izit
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (8/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: dfw
Posts: 33
Default

nice, I like the stone.
izit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2013, 08:18 PM   #53
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru
 
PTrader: (7/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 1,741
Default

great planting job
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 04:06 AM   #54
davidj12
Algae Grower
 
davidj12's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 137
Default

After first water change.

All the plants have been pearling like crazy

Ammonia : 4ppm
GH: 10
KH: 4

__________________
davidj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:03 PM   #55
Jeff5614
Planted Tank Guru
 
Jeff5614's Avatar
 
PTrader: (52/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 2,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj12 View Post
I realized that equilibrium sucks soooo bad. I had to mix some up to re-constitute my RO water and it made the tank cloudy for the rest of the night. It also did not mix well and some of it is still on the bottom of my tank





Next morning


Give Aquavitro Mineralize a try. I've started using it instead of Equilibrium because I don't like waiting for the cloudiness to clear. It's a liquid hence no clouding. It doesn't contain any potassium like Equilibrium though. So you'll need another source for that if it's important to you.
Jeff5614 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 12:05 PM   #56
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru
 
hedge_fund's Avatar
 
PTrader: (97/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Greenwich, CT
Posts: 3,390
Default Dave's 75-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff5614 View Post
Give Aquavitro Mineralize a try. I've started using it instead of Equilibrium because I don't like waiting for the cloudiness to clear. It's a liquid hence no clouding. It doesn't contain any potassium like Equilibrium though so you'll need another source for that if it's important to you.
So it's just calcium and magnesium? I might look into this as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
hedge_fund is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 07:48 PM   #57
Jeff5614
Planted Tank Guru
 
Jeff5614's Avatar
 
PTrader: (52/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: TN
Posts: 2,711
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
So it's just calcium and magnesium? I might look into this as well.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yes, here's a link to Seachem's site and a couple of other to links to discussions from the Seachem forum on APC.

http://www.aquavitro.com/products/mineralize.html
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...questions.html
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...uilibrium.html
Jeff5614 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:16 PM   #58
davidj12
Algae Grower
 
davidj12's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 137
Default

Something kind of weird is going on with my drop checker. Yesterday it took FOREVER to turn green. Like not until 5-6 hrs of blasting C02. When I woke up this morning it was still green... The C02 had been off all night... In my other tank it turns back blue over night.

To add another part to this I had to change the water this morning because I won't have time tonight. With all the aeration (my water filter takes forever to make up the 10gal I changed) going on for a few hrs I thought it would change but it's still green.... not quite sure what to make of this.

Now the C02 is back on and its just barely turning back blue.
__________________
davidj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2013, 08:18 PM   #59
TheGuy
Planted Member
 
PTrader: (6/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: With the fish....
Posts: 234
Default Re: Dave's 75-P

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidj12 View Post
Something kind of weird is going on with my drop checker. Yesterday it took FOREVER to turn green. Like not until 5-6 hrs of blasting C02. When I woke up this morning it was still green... The C02 had been off all night... In my other tank it turns back blue over night.

To add another part to this I had to change the water this morning because I won't have time tonight. With all the aeration (my water filter takes forever to make up the 10gal I changed) going on for a few hrs I thought it would change but it's still green.... not quite sure what to make of this.

Now the C02 is back on and its just barely turning back blue.
Thats why I dont use them lol. Just keep plants pearling and your fine. If fish are at surface back off a little.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
TheGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 06:06 PM   #60
davidj12
Algae Grower
 
davidj12's Avatar
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Walnut Creek, CA
Posts: 137
Default Quick update

Just thought I'd post a quick update. All the plants are really taking off. The rotala and MM have grown considerably in the last few days.





When I got the MM it was really small and bushy looking. It's really starting to grow like crazy!

__________________
davidj12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
75p, ada, unzan

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:49 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012