Available as of now, January 12, 2013 - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Sponsors > Invertebrates by Msjinkzd

Old 02-03-2013, 09:42 AM   #16
Jeff5614
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (52/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
Two regular Ottos...not looking for the Zebra ones since I have a tendency to gas these with Co2.
Thank you.
Maybe you should consider not getting oto's or any other fauna until you can figure out why you have this tendency to "gas" them. Seems to be reprehensible at best that you would continue to purchase and kill these fish.
Jeff5614 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-03-2013, 01:47 PM   #17
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (98/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hedge_fund View Post
Hello.

I am looking for the below fish so hoping you can help me out. The shipping would have to be either FEDEX or UPS directly to my work. The mail people only pick up packages from USPS at 7am so if something shows up at 10am I will not get it until the following day. However, FEDEX and UPS come directly to my work.

1. Four of the smallest cories that you carry.
2. Two regular Ottos...not looking for the Zebra ones since I have a tendency to gas these with Co2.
3. 10 Amanos (I would prefer the smallest ones you have)
4. 10 of the smallest best schooling fish that you have. Size and schooling ability takes precedence over their looks. Let me know what you recommend.

Please price it all out for me. It's also very cold here in Connecticut so a heat pack would be a must.

Thank you.
Actually Rachel, I'll take 4 of the regular Ottos instead of 2.

Thanks.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 03:02 PM   #18
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

PTrader: (205/100%)
Send a message via AIM to msjinkzd

I don't currently have any regular otos available If you shoot me an email or a pm (i am checking those now, so apologize if you already have) with your zipcdoe, I can get you a better estimate.
msjinkzd is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-03-2013, 03:37 PM   #19
hedge_fund
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (98/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by msjinkzd View Post
I don't currently have any regular otos available If you shoot me an email or a pm (i am checking those now, so apologize if you already have) with your zipcdoe, I can get you a better estimate.
Will do. I might just take the zebra ottos....typing that PM now.
hedge_fund is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-05-2013, 12:42 PM   #20
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Yup, many of them are- there is a range within the grouping.
I know you are super busy and I'm not in a hurry, but if possible, could you post up the water parameters for your tigers? The last ones I got from you were simply awesome but they didn't do well for me. I want to try them again but I want to make sure my water is as close to your water as possible so they might do better this time around. Also, what substrate are you using and are you using RO water and remineralizing? Any tips you can give for keeping these guys would be awesome. Thanks!
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 05:25 PM   #21
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
I know you are super busy and I'm not in a hurry, but if possible, could you post up the water parameters for your tigers? The last ones I got from you were simply awesome but they didn't do well for me. I want to try them again but I want to make sure my water is as close to your water as possible so they might do better this time around. Also, what substrate are you using and are you using RO water and remineralizing? Any tips you can give for keeping these guys would be awesome. Thanks!

oops! Just saw this, sorry about that!
I use my tapwater, which has unique parameters. My TDS is pretty low, for well water, usually around 150. My pH is 7.4ish, but my gh is 6, kh 7 which gives a general hardness of about 115. Their tank temperature is 72, and I do not use substrate. They have stacked driftwood and a lot of anubias and other rhizome type plants. Despite my higher pH, my water is actually considered on the soft side.
Old 02-07-2013, 10:12 PM   #22
Ellylove
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Do you have any pictures of your magenta mystery snails and do you have any purple ones (dark foot) that will be available soon? I'm looking for both. Thanks!!!
Ellylove is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 11:12 PM   #23
Nubster
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
oops! Just saw this, sorry about that!
I use my tapwater, which has unique parameters. My TDS is pretty low, for well water, usually around 150. My pH is 7.4ish, but my gh is 6, kh 7 which gives a general hardness of about 115. Their tank temperature is 72, and I do not use substrate. They have stacked driftwood and a lot of anubias and other rhizome type plants. Despite my higher pH, my water is actually considered on the soft side.
No problem. I'll have to check my water and see where I am at compared to yours. I know my pH is around 7.6 and out of the tap my TDS is 100ish. I'll check hardness and see where that's at and go from there. Thanks for the info. I hope I can give these guys a try again without playing mad scientist with water parameters.
EVIL Camera Pimp member #1
NIKON Pimp Club member #012
SunSun Pimp Club member #069

20L OEBT/Super Tiger/PFR Tank 20L Yellow Neo tank

Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-08-2013, 12:17 AM   #24
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellylove View Post
Do you have any pictures of your magenta mystery snails and do you have any purple ones (dark foot) that will be available soon? I'm looking for both. Thanks!!!
At this piont, they have mild erosion so are free as add-ons. I am out of purple, but have al ot of the magenta and some ivory.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nubster View Post
No problem. I'll have to check my water and see where I am at compared to yours. I know my pH is around 7.6 and out of the tap my TDS is 100ish. I'll check hardness and see where that's at and go from there. Thanks for the info. I hope I can give these guys a try again without playing mad scientist with water parameters.
I use liquid tests, which give very different readings from strips- just to warn you
Old 02-08-2013, 08:35 AM   #25
Ellylove
Algae Grower

Any date estimated for purple snails? I'm really only looking for a couple purple and a couple magenta snails atm for my young daughter.
Old 02-08-2013, 01:23 PM   #26
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

hard to say, i don't know when I will hatch and raise another clutch- it all depends on when they get frisky and produce one, lol
Old 02-08-2013, 07:57 PM   #27
Ellylove
Algae Grower

Ok. I'll just keep stalking.
Old 02-21-2013, 12:58 AM   #28
nikelodeon79
Algae Grower

PTrader: (5/100%)

Once you get zebro otos back in stock, I'm interested in the following:

Corydoras habrosus: 6
Danio margaritatus: 5
Otocinclus cocama: 2

Shipping to 54874, and it's definitely cold here. If it's better to wait until warmer weather, I can do that.
nikelodeon79 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 01:27 PM   #29
msjinkzd
Rachel O'Leary

Just as an aside to all customers-
The Peru season is from about end of October to end of December- it is unlikely I will get any more of those wild Peru fish until the earliest the end of next summer, as it is impossible to get collection during the rainy season
If you want fish from Peru, best bet is to not be slow to order! Very short season, unreliable exporters, and extremely expensive freight makes them hard to get, and makes them sell FAST.

More regular otos are due to arrive Tuesday.
Old 02-22-2013, 10:46 PM   #30
laqu
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

okay the fish i got are doing great, well other then the loss of two uropthalmoides who jumped - actually they filter was a bit to strong and they were swimming fast and got tossed from the tank - figured it out when i saw number 3 do it and fall back into tank - problem fixed!

these are my 'wish fish' (laugh you will)
Orange Zebra Oto - yea, i know peru
Microdevario kubotai “Neon Yellow Microrasbora”
Dario dario “Scarlet badis, Scarlet gem” - can these go with rasbora and shrimp? so cute
and
Boraras uropthalmoides- “Sparrow rasbora” - whom i have fallen in love with.

how would Centromochlus sp. cf. reticulatus be with the small fish and shrimp - they are cute (if i can't get the orange ones), any idea on size yet, and what does a 'meaty' diet mean (to my betta that means all other fish and shrimp)

i would still need something for alge if not the orange - ideas think "nano"

i WISH you had more Parotocinclus peru - i am in LOVE with them...

if you don't have these these fish any ideas when you might? are we talking next sept-dec for all of them?
1 betta

Here they are http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/al...p?albumid=9625

6 gallon journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...208&highlight=

you can see more photos here the 4 8" cubes are on flicker... will get to their journal at some point (they are fun as they change often)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/laq/

webdesign: www.littleowlwebdesign.com
laqu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.