Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated 7/1 w/Video+submersed PICS! - Page 27
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 02-22-2013, 12:49 AM   #391
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

PTrader: (67/100%)
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz

Fixed guys....sorry!
Advertisement

Old 02-22-2013, 12:51 AM   #392
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (57/100%)

i see the pics. they look great by the way. those crypts are great, but the alternantha is spectacular.
Old 02-22-2013, 12:56 AM   #393
keithy
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
I think you need a patch of Crypt 'Flamingo'
Frank, that would look super SWEET in his tank.
Old 02-22-2013, 01:13 AM   #394
BruceF
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (5/100%)

looks very much like a nurii spathe I recently had.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...ii-spathe.html
BruceF is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 05:03 AM   #395
pianofish
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (24/100%)

I just wanted to say that your tank is very inspiring. I really like the way your white sand makes your crypts pop. I plan on in the near future (around April) setting up a crypt/moss only tank and yours serves as a big inspiration. Keep it up man!
~Joshua
pianofish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:03 PM   #396
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

COOL crypt shot!!
i haven't seen an underwater spathe before!
Old 02-22-2013, 12:13 PM   #397
thefisherman
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)
Default Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Spathed-Out, Man! 2/21/13

outstanding sir, simply outstanding

The Fisherman's Workbench
thefisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 12:30 PM   #398
DogFish
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (33/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithy View Post
Frank, that would look super SWEET in his tank.
That was an inside joke with Don.

Yes, if they will actually grow and have that color underwater. So far, top there best of my knowledge no one has been successful conveying them to submersed growth.

I have a feeling they are going to need a rich substrate like Don has, high light and most likely CO2 to get that color submersed.
DogFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 01:24 PM   #399
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by DogFish View Post
That was an inside joke with Don.

Yes, if they will actually grow and have that color underwater. So far, top there best of my knowledge no one has been successful conveying them to submersed growth.

I have a feeling they are going to need a rich substrate like Don has, high light and most likely CO2 to get that color submersed.
I'd be willing to give that a go
i've got bookoos of the above neccessary
Old 02-22-2013, 07:55 PM   #400
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Marko--thanks! The Alternanthera has really been a pleasant surprise for me. I knew it got "red" but not like this! Definitely adds a nice "pop" to the system. You have an emmersed set up....have you tried growing it? I could send you a stem or two next time I trim it. Let me know!

Keith--Indeed it would! HA! Maybe in a few years after enough people have been able to get it to submersed form and make it available. It's a stunner!

Bruce--Nice job yourself! And, I agree with you...it's gotta be nurii. I don't even really care which species....the fact that I got it to spathe for me is an accomplishment for me.

Joshua--Well, thank you very much for the kind words!! I'll be on the lookout for your forthcoming journal, then!! What type of crypts are you going to use? More common ones, or more of the rare species?

HD--Thanks, man! It happens from time to time from what I've seen. It has never happened to me before, and I don't know many people that get it to happen within 4.5 months of a set up. THAT is way cool! I don't try to make it a habit of boasting, but I am, admittedly, pretty proud that I was able to get a spathe within such a short amount of time. Squee!

Fisherman! Thank you buddy! I'm really enjoying the set up now! Everything is beginning to come together, but I still have a very long time to wait before I would consider the tank to be "done." Those buce's, man....very pretty, and are growing quickly, but that doesn't mean that they're even close to covering even 20% of the area that I need them to. It'll take some time.

Frank--Yes, that was a WONDERFUL experience.....I think that SOMEONE was able to get a small daughter to start growing submersed. I have no idea if it lasted, though. I would give it a go, but like I said to Hung, I don't have that much time to breastfeed and nurture it into maybe growing for me. I'd rather simply pay a handsome sum for one that has been growing underwater. My conditions are prime; but, I highly doubt that I could get it to grow submersed from a gel. You would have better luck than I would. You would have to get some to grow emmersed, take daughters from that batch, grow it in really high humidity in a flood tank; take daughters from that batch, and then have it such that those daughters were mostly submerged; take daughters from that, and then finally you would probably have a crypt Flamingo that would survive underwater. Who has the time for that?

HD--Contact Hung (Noodle). He's a good guy, and may have a lead on some. Well, he did go to THE Ohio State University......that's the only knock I have against him.
Old 02-22-2013, 08:37 PM   #401
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

supposedly, he's already got some plantlets growing submersed.. looks like a pretty plain crypt to me

that being said, what's ur fish stock like?
Old 02-22-2013, 08:51 PM   #402
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

I'm sorry, HD. Were you born on some distant planet? This looks Plain Jane to you?:

Lol! I would still want it!! A lot of it, too! It's PINK! If you know of any that already has some in submersed form, please let me know!!

Actually, in some ways your right.....I think that is just an albino form of a common crypt. But it is really rare to find over here State-side. It is somewhat common over in Europe, though.

Stock wise, I have Pygmy and Hasbrosus Cories, Otos, BNP's; orange, tangerine, and Amano shrimp; Microdevario kubotai and one of the microrasoras (I think boraras briggante), cobalt blue gobies, nerites and ramshorns, stuff like that. It's well stocked.
Old 02-22-2013, 09:48 PM   #403
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

he doesn't have it. we've been talking. the crypt he has, is kinda pink on the underside. topside is green
however i do plan on trying to order some from somewhere once spring comes and ewather is more tolerable, its comming cross seas so we shall see if it makes it? it might not even get past customs. im not sure yet. don't need to break any laws getting it

know that i have talked to you enough, i feel comfortable saying, you may try increasing co2 a tad
the palustris hybrid had some twisted leaves and looked a little deficient. this may be its growth pattern but it's something that caught my eye. every other picture i've seen though looks pretty well exactly the way it should be

for the record. crypt wendtii red can look this way with low nitrates
my lfs is full of pitiful looking wendtii red. and it looks remarkably like that. just not as healthy
Old 02-22-2013, 11:04 PM   #404
ChadRamsey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (54/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post
I'm sorry, HD. Were you born on some distant planet? This looks Plain Jane to you?:

WOW that thing is INSANE.

id love one too if you stumble across some

There are 2 types of people on this forum. Those that have algae, and those that lie and say they don't.
ChadRamsey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 11:44 PM   #405
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.

Well, Sir, I have made a note of the CO2 increase and will look into it. The "crinkle" to some of those leaves is gone....my assumption was that it was adjusting to the higher light, but a touch more CO2 probably wouldn't hurt it. It never tends to.

Somebody will eventually offer the Flamingo here. Just a matter of time. We'll see what happens. And, you can get these in gel legally, but they don't often arrive in the greatest of shape.

Chad--I'll get right on it. LOL!! After I get mine first.