Need help!!! So confused please help!!!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-21-2013, 06:36 PM   #1
chrispowell
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Need help!!! So confused please help!!!

Hi all
Im struggling big time trying to figure out how to set up my RO unit from ro-man.com
I have been supplied 3 colour pipes, blue, red and green but their instructions dont make anything clear and im needing so major help sorting what goes where???
If you can help at all please post!!
Thanks
*blink*

chrispowell is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-21-2013, 07:43 PM   #2
Cthulhu
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

What are your filters? Do you have DI?
You certainly have a sediment filter, and a carbon filter. The 3rd is either another carbon, or DI.

If you don't have DI, the water must go through the filters in this order :
Sediment, carbon, carbon, RO membrane

If you have DI :
Sediment, carbon, RO membrane, DI

On one side of the membrane plastic box (for lack of a better term), there is only 1 hose connector. Water enters there.
On the other side there are 2 connectors. The one in the center is where the good water exits. The one which is more on the side is reject water.

For the filter cartridges, if you look at the lid, you'll see that one connector goes to the side, and the other goes right in the middle of the lid. Water comes in on the side, and out in the middle.

Now all you have to do is connect the dots!

BTW, if you have DI, it's mostly useless for freshwater, but necessary for reefs.
Cthulhu is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:45 PM   #3
mrkookm
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (94/100%)

I know I have an extra housing so don't follow my tubing setup, all you have to do orient your filters like how I have it shown in the picture below and follow the numbers. So the 2 joined filters are on the left side and RO Membrane housing input is on the left.

You can cut you tubing as long or short as you're comfortable with and twist it however you like so long as you get the ports correct.

If you are using the 3rd housing as an extra Carbon housing then connections are different (I suggest DI, but your choice) so let us know and we can explain the minor changes.

The Junkie

Last edited by mrkookm; 02-21-2013 at 11:11 PM.. Reason: add pic
mrkookm is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2013, 10:48 PM   #4
TwoTacoCombo
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (16/100%)

Green appears to be your waste water output, as it has a flush bypass valve on it. Where you have "Mains water input" would be my best guess too. Now you need to plumb the output of the carbon filter (middle one) into the RO membrane (the round guy on top), then the output of that into the third filter, probably where you have "Output 2" labelled. Why not give the seller a call and see what they recommend? I'm surprised it didn't come assembled, or at least with instructions...
TwoTacoCombo is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.