inline co2 diffusor degradation?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-20-2013, 06:17 PM   #1
msawdey
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (2/100%)

inline co2 diffusor degradation?

My GLA atomic diffusor is no longer producing fine mist. I am starting to think i have issues with the GLA atomic Regulator v3 also as the needle valve is pretty much all of the way open and the co2 being is not being diffused into the tank, but "spurting" every few seconds. I'm not sure what is going on, but anyone else have any experience with these two products? I am not reaching the needed co2 levels either.

My original threads on them are pretty much the only two reviews i can find on the forum. So it kind of sucks that there isn't a resource.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 06:23 PM   #2
Brian Mc
Algae Grower

Sounds like the diffusor is dirty, had the same prob with my inline one. I have seen people here soak them in bleach for a day to clean but I found someone with a quicker idea for the inline one. I took mine out and filled it with salt and a little water. Shook it good, rinsed it out and repeat a couple of times. Works like new. HTH.
Brian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 07:07 PM   #3
msawdey
Wannabe Guru

thanks!
Old 02-20-2013, 07:51 PM   #4
Sugardaddy1979
Sic em

PTrader: (12/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian Mc View Post
Sounds like the diffusor is dirty, had the same prob with my inline one. I have seen people here soak them in bleach for a day to clean but I found someone with a quicker idea for the inline one. I took mine out and filled it with salt and a little water. Shook it good, rinsed it out and repeat a couple of times. Works like new. HTH.
Can you explain a bit more? What kind of salt? How's that sag btw?
Sunsun Pimp Club Member #068
Sugardaddy1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 03:23 AM   #5
Brian Mc
Algae Grower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sugardaddy1979 View Post
Can you explain a bit more? What kind of salt? How's that sag btw?
Hey man the dwarf sag is really nice, thanks! Hasn't done much in the new tank yet but I have to step it up on that tank been letting it cook in some.

On cleaning the diffusor you use your fingers to cap the ends, I actually filled the ceramic tube 1/3 to 1/2 full of regular table salt and then use cold water to fill it up. Cap it with the other finger and shake hard for maybe 30 secs. I rinsed it good, fill it with water and shake a few times to rinse. Repeat salt treatment a couple of times. You want cold water when scrubbing for a good abrasive. When done scrubbing do final rinse real good with hot water to dissolve the salt. Fill/shake/rinse a few times and you should be good.
Brian Mc is offline   Reply With Quote