29g "Jagged Peaks" - Page 7
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-10-2013, 02:33 AM   #91
alipper
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 313
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioman72 View Post
wish i could right now haha but have no power for a while hopfully things dosnt die :/ no heat or anything sadly im praying my fish survive the night
That really sucks. Good luck and hope everything turns ok.

Quote:
Originally Posted by driftwoodhunter View Post
Oh no! I have many friends in Ct, so I know what you're dealing with - take care, stay well, and we will keep out fingers crossed for your tank!
We've been good so far where I am in CT, 40 inches!
__________________
temporary tanks for the time being...
alipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-10-2013, 02:45 AM   #92
oliver77
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (0/0%)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Earth
Posts: 102
Default

Rocks and sand. Awesome combination.

And your tank, sir, is awesome.
__________________
oliver77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 04:48 AM   #93
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSG View Post
What a horrible set of coincidences.

The only thing I can think of to generate heat with no power is FIRE thanks to all those survival shows. It's cold winter nights like this where I wish I had some sort of fireplace.

No power loss here, just a heaping mountain of snow that I'm finding a hard time removing without the use of a well "maintained" snow thrower. It's turning into ice right now so I'll have to bring out the mattock to chisel it out tomorrow.

Oh, one actual idea in the future is HEAT packs, spare blankets & a cooler/thermos type ice chests to store everything in.



Good luck.
thanks and yea i had my candles in the house going all day around my tanks to try and keep it as warm as posible 55 degrees in the room and the water was maintaining 65 ish maybe a little higher but tonight its guna plummet :/

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyjam View Post
Dear lord that's a hell or a thing to have go down right as you lose power. I would've cried. Haha.
i almost felt like it hahaha, [censored][censored][censored][censored] went bad fast def a horible thing to happen

Quote:
Originally Posted by alipper View Post
That really sucks. Good luck and hope everything turns ok.



We've been good so far where I am in CT, 40 inches!

thats a lot of snow! we got maybe 28in here in rhode island but the power outages r what realy hurts haha sucks to suck!

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliver77 View Post
Rocks and sand. Awesome combination.

And your tank, sir, is awesome.
thank you! hofully everything dosnt die and i can have an update with in the next few days!




and to everyone from new england stay warm and stay safe!
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 12:35 PM   #94
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (713/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,910
Default Re: 29g "Jagged Peaks"

Wow man!!

Sorry to here!!!!

I actually got about 36"+ of snow.

So power outages either!

Good luck man!

-Sent from my Samsung Note, a "Phablet"
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 09:19 PM   #95
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 368
Default

well super bad news today :/ all of the fish died....every single fish in my house has died! so pissed off that there was nothing i could do. the amount of money and time spent keeping these guys alive all gone in a couple hours only if i could have gotten my hands on a power source... but nothing i could have done but prep sooner next time. im hoping some of the shrimp in the tanks survived cause they usually can take really really cold climates and come back for short periods of time. but the good news is theirs power once again!!! witch is fantastic so its not 40 degrees in my house anymore wooo. but the best part is i have no moremoney to spend on fish because i just spent it all 2 weeks ago wo!!!!

ill post a pictuee up of the massacre of 30 fish from this tank and 20 fish from my other tank :/ so everyone can see what that many fish dead looks like lol
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 10:12 PM   #96
bennyjam
Planted Member
 
bennyjam's Avatar
 
PTrader: (7/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Boston, Massachusetts
Posts: 212
Default Re: 29g "Jagged Peaks"

That really sucks man. RIP fish. Glad to hear your power is back.
bennyjam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 03:20 AM   #97
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bennyjam View Post
That really sucks man. RIP fish. Glad to hear your power is back.
yeaaaa so am i!!! heated the tanks back up today and my blushing tetras and all the shrimp are still alive! at least it wasnt a complete wipe out
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #98
rileynapalm
Algae Grower
 
rileynapalm's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 103
Default

I just now discovered this thread. I'm extremely sorry to hear about your series of events. Dang man... What a rough situation. =\

A few positive and encouraging words though. The tank looks phenomenal. Everyone is spot on when they tell you how gorgeous it is! Such a creative and monolithic set up. You're very good at what you do. And those odd tetras... Try looking up copeland tetras or Hyphessobrycon copelandi. See if that yields anything. You may be able to find them from an online retailer this way. Or check out this site real quick: http://aquavisie.retry.org/Database/...copelandi.html

Best wishes to you when you make your next attempt to get it stocked and thriving again! Don't give up!
__________________
-29 gallon South American
--15 gallon black neon habitat
---I like fish. They don't talk back, bark or pee on the floor.
rileynapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 05:44 AM   #99
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileynapalm View Post
I just now discovered this thread. I'm extremely sorry to hear about your series of events. Dang man... What a rough situation. =\

A few positive and encouraging words though. The tank looks phenomenal. Everyone is spot on when they tell you how gorgeous it is! Such a creative and monolithic set up. You're very good at what you do. And those odd tetras... Try looking up copeland tetras or Hyphessobrycon copelandi. See if that yields anything. You may be able to find them from an online retailer this way. Or check out this site real quick: http://aquavisie.retry.org/Database/...copelandi.html

Best wishes to you when you make your next attempt to get it stocked and thriving again! Don't give up!

thanks a bunch! yea thats what i thought they were but nobody heard of them hahahah, well they r all dead now but my lfs still gets them alll the time. its is unfortunate what happens but hat just means a fresh start i guess and time to realy think about what to stock with. im honestly thinking about taking down my 20g and putting up a 40 breeder in its place rather then trying to get another 10g and such. conserve some space! haha trying to keep positive.

on a nother note removed all the little dead guys today and hopefully guna have some fun using them as realy expensive fish food in my LFS for some really big pacus!
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 11:33 AM   #100
rileynapalm
Algae Grower
 
rileynapalm's Avatar
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Ohio
Posts: 103
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by marioman72 View Post
thanks a bunch! yea thats what i thought they were but nobody heard of them hahahah, well they r all dead now but my lfs still gets them alll the time. its is unfortunate what happens but hat just means a fresh start i guess and time to realy think about what to stock with. im honestly thinking about taking down my 20g and putting up a 40 breeder in its place rather then trying to get another 10g and such. conserve some space! haha trying to keep positive.

on a nother note removed all the little dead guys today and hopefully guna have some fun using them as realy expensive fish food in my LFS for some really big pacus!

They are definitely attractive little tetras. I'd like to get them in my store, but I've never seen them available. If you don't mind me asking, what do they run price wise?

At least you're keeping your head up and not getting discouraged. I second your idea of doing the 40 breeder! The space they offer is awesome! If you choose to do that, let us know!
__________________
-29 gallon South American
--15 gallon black neon habitat
---I like fish. They don't talk back, bark or pee on the floor.
rileynapalm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 02:13 PM   #101
OKnights112
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pearland, TX USA
Posts: 67
Default

Sorry to hear about that. Your scape looks awesome. Keep it up.
__________________
OKnights112 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2013, 05:10 AM   #102
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 368
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileynapalm View Post
They are definitely attractive little tetras. I'd like to get them in my store, but I've never seen them available. If you don't mind me asking, what do they run price wise?

At least you're keeping your head up and not getting discouraged. I second your idea of doing the 40 breeder! The space they offer is awesome! If you choose to do that, let us know!
they usualy charge 3.99, and yea got a new 12in cube today so we will see what happens with the breeder

Quote:
Originally Posted by OKnights112 View Post
Sorry to hear about that. Your scape looks awesome. Keep it up.
thanks! will do hahha
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 07:05 AM   #103
marioman72
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
marioman72's Avatar
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: bristol, RI, U.S.
Posts: 368
Default

finaly was able to post up an update! here ya go


_DSC6763 by marioman72, on Flickr


_DSC6754 by marioman72, on Flickr
marioman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 11:55 AM   #104
h4n
Planted Tank Guru
 
PTrader: (713/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Charlton, Mass
Posts: 4,910
Default

Hey you got fish!

you taking down the 20 and using 40b or what? haha
h4n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 08:36 PM   #105
orchidman
Planted Tank Guru
 
orchidman's Avatar
 
PTrader: (18/100%)
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: Pennsylvania
Posts: 7,421
Default

Looking great!!!
orchidman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:34 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012