Official Fluval Ebi/Flora Pimp Club - Page 9
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-18-2012, 01:50 AM   #121
ElBoltonero
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

Ebi Pimp #37 represent!

The centerpiece is actually a fake mangrove root ornament. It fits perfectly and makes a lot more "floor space" for the shrimp. There's too many plants in there for me to list.
ElBoltonero is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2012, 05:23 PM   #122
Gillingham
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

No pictures yet as I just setup the tank yesterday but after reading this thread and some of your EBI build threads I pulled the trigger on one; #38 it is. Now to wait for my plants to arrive and for the thing to cycle.
Gillingham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 08:28 PM   #123
Gillingham
Algae Grower

Since all my moss/other plants seem to be held up in shipping somewhere I fabbed up a really rough lexan lid to accommodate my larger heater cord and the water lines in/out.

Predrilled the corners of the large cutout for the water tubes, then just sawed everything out with the handsaw you see in the pictures. I do wish I had a larger drill bit but I didn't want to head back out to the store just to get one that I dont know if I will use again.

I probably will need to sand down some of the cuts/drills but I don't have the correct grit on hand.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:27 AM   #124
Gillingham
Algae Grower

Finally got most of the plants I wanted in. I'm thinking of ordering some more fissiden to fill in the driftwood or maybe tie on another moss; just not sure what to get yet.

Also my first big batch of shrimp should get here tomorrow to attempt breeding in this thing.
Old 05-02-2012, 03:39 AM   #125
D3monic
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (13/100%)

Ebi-topia

Canon Pimp Club #019

"I have all the characteristics of a human being: blood, flesh, skin, hair; but not a single, clear, identifiable emotion, except for greed and disgust. Something horrible is happening inside of me and I don't know why. My nightly bloodlust has overflown into my days. I feel lethal, on the verge of frenzy. I think my mask of sanity is about to slip"

Ebi-topia 75g Rivers Edge Dario H. Breeding Log
D3monic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2012, 04:09 AM   #126
inka4041
Planted Member

PTrader: (4/100%)

I love this thread. Really great to see all the different directions people took with the ebi's odd dimensions. Here's my contribution.

Pardon the cloudiness. The photo was taken shortly after a wc, and a dose of mosura mud powder.
inka4041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2012, 02:06 AM   #127
Gillingham
Algae Grower

Looks like I had a few fish die off over the weekend, I was out of town and I'm thinking it may have been heat related.

Anyone using LED lights instead of the CFLs, do they output any less heat? Any recommendations for replacing the fluval lights, I'm currently running two of them.
Old 05-28-2012, 07:32 AM   #128
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

So is there anyone in here using the 1 light the tank came with without any co2? I haven't been able to do a set up for mine yet, and I have Black beard Algae all over my main crypt and some on my micro sword.
Fluval Flora Pimp #34, 40b Congo Puffer Tank,
75 Gallon High Tech
Calmia22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 12:01 PM   #129
ncharlie
Planted Member

I had two lights on the FLuval EBI and had black alage all over. No Co2

I took down one light. Helped with the alage.

Then I did 1 week with no lights and now I use lights for only about 6 hours.

Much less black alage.
ncharlie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2012, 07:31 PM   #130
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I ended up taking all the plants out and putting them into my 75 gallon. The crypt had grown so much that it could have easily been the only plant in the tank! Lol

I did reduce my lighting, but I think I will try 6 hours on mine too, considering that the tank also sits next to my 75g which has it's T5's on for 10 hours.

Going to eventually do diy co2 on this tank, again once I get it re-planted. Just upgraded from a 55g to a 75g so thats my main priority right now.
75 Gallon High Tech
Old 07-13-2012, 02:31 PM   #131
dunehole
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)

I recently got an Ebi, cycling now. I am curious what are you all doing to make your filter baby shrimp safe? I put some filter floss in the empty chamber at the input, but it sucks straight up to the top and if I fill that space full enough to block up the intake slits it slows the flow down too much. I have heard people mention pantyhose, but how are you doing that? putting the entire bottom piece inside of pantyhose, cutting it, then putting the top on to hold it in place? How long does it take your pantyhose to clog up and slow the flow? Any better ideas?

Thanks.
Matt
dunehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2012, 05:06 PM   #132
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunehole View Post
I recently got an Ebi, cycling now. I am curious what are you all doing to make your filter baby shrimp safe? I put some filter floss in the empty chamber at the input, but it sucks straight up to the top and if I fill that space full enough to block up the intake slits it slows the flow down too much. I have heard people mention pantyhose, but how are you doing that? putting the entire bottom piece inside of pantyhose, cutting it, then putting the top on to hold it in place? How long does it take your pantyhose to clog up and slow the flow? Any better ideas?

Thanks.
Matt
My local petco sells 2 packs of long piece of filter floss that comes in the filter. I put another piece of that in the first column of the filter and it really seems to make a difference. It's a little loose in there too.
75 Gallon High Tech
Old 09-20-2012, 05:08 PM   #133
Calmia22
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Ok, question time:

I moved the light on mine today, and the background came right off. So... how did you guys get the silicone off without scratching up the tank? I will be breaking the tank down at the end of next week for a major filtration change so I can peel it off then.
75 Gallon High Tech
Old 09-20-2012, 05:32 PM   #134
dunehole
Planted Member

PTrader: (16/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calmia22 View Post
Ok, question time:

I moved the light on mine today, and the background came right off. So... how did you guys get the silicone off without scratching up the tank? I will be breaking the tank down at the end of next week for a major filtration change so I can peel it off then.

It was really easy with a razor blade.. comes right off, no scratches if you keep the blade at a very steep angle.
dunehole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 01:02 AM   #135
II Knucklez II
Planted Member

PTrader: (7/100%)

update of #35 here. I will be putting more baby tears in from my 10g soon and will have to start dosing fertz
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG122.jpg
Views:	32
Size:	76.2 KB
ID:	87634  

Name:	IMG123.jpg
Views:	24
Size:	67.9 KB
ID:	87642