Callamanus WORMS... updated 2/5/2013
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-14-2013, 03:01 AM   #28
switch26
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

I just noticed this post.. I got Camallanus worms or whatever in one of my Golden rams, and didn't know what it was til he got really bad.. I first went to Tractor supply and got Fendbendazole or whatever.. and soaked blood worms in it and then treated. Didn't work all that well.. I had to wait for a Vet to get Levamisol for me. Some tractor supplies have it apparently so if some of you guys are struggling to find it check out any tractor supply stores. My host fish died the night before i got the Levamisole.. My rams were all store bred, so idk where i got the worm from..

Anyway, i did a 24 hour treatment twice and it seemed to clear up the worms in my rams.. All of their color returned and they began scooting around the tank as usual.

I returned everything back to my 30 gallon out of the Quarantined 5 gallon.. as none of my other fish have any signs of it. But just in case i did do 1 treatment on my 30 gallon and plan to do another one probably next wk just in case..

They suggest to vacuum your gravel and drain the water because of the eggs from the worms and Levamisol doesn't necessarily kill the worms, it just stuns them then they fall into your tank.. that is why they say to vacuum.

Can't believe no one has posted this article, but you all need to read this if you have any issues with C. Worms

http://www.loaches.com/Members/shari...ydrochloride-1
switch26 is offline   Reply With Quote

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.