Trimmings or extras auburn area
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Alabama

Old 09-06-2012, 12:37 AM   #1
Gr8gugly
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Trimmings or extras auburn area

I'm staring a planted tank and wondered if anyone had excess plants or inverts they may be getting rid of. Looking for plants or Shrimp/ snails. I can get some plants from petco but they have limited selection. Let me know what you have and a price. I guess I need easy stuff for now since I'm new with probably lower light requirements. I am looking for someone local to auburn or very close to that. Thanks.
Gr8gugly is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-07-2012, 04:28 AM   #2
BenderBendingRodriguez
Planted Member

PTrader: (3/100%)

Hi there. I'm also in auburn area and am also setting up a new tank. What type of stuff are you looking for? I will have some plants soon and when they grow I'll have some to share.

No kidding that petco has limited selection.
BenderBendingRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 03:20 AM   #3
Gr8gugly
Algae Grower

Just looking to pick up some easy stuff to start with. I got a few tanks now. Two to send to schools and one to keep home. Maybe a carpet plant and a few stems. I have java moss already. I'm gonna plant them all about the same and just keep snails and shrimp in them. Don't want too much maintenance since I will probably have to show up in classroom to do anything other than just daily maintenance.
Old 09-12-2012, 03:48 AM   #4
BenderBendingRodriguez
Planted Member

Default Lights.

What size tanks do you have? I have some extra coralife aqua light fixtures If you would like to buy them. They grow plants very well. I have one that will fit a 29, 20, and a 10 galllon rank. The 20 and 29 have 65 watt bulbs so that would put you in the 2watts per gallon on the 29 and 3 watts per gallon for the 20.

As for plants i will have some low light loving plants that I might can prt with.
BenderBendingRodriguez is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2012, 03:28 PM   #5
Gr8gugly
Algae Grower

I have smaller tanks but you can pm me with what plants you have. Thanks.
Old 09-14-2012, 03:26 PM   #6
AUvet14
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (7/100%)

I'm live in auburn. I've got a well established 30 gallon planted tank. I don't have anything ready just yet, but I regularly have trimmings that otherwise would get tossed out. Here's what I've got in my tank in case you're interested in anything.

Heteranthera zosterifolia
alternanthera reineckii
mayaca fluviatilis
rotala sp. "nanjenshan"
wisteria
limnophila aquatica
glossostigma elatinoides
pogostemon erectus
hemianthus micranthemoides
bacopa monnieri
AUvet14 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 07:01 AM   #7
AUTankScrub

If anyone here is still active and still considering parting ways with any trimmings I would really appreciate it! Just starting a planted tank with mid level light.
AUTankScrub is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 01:49 AM   #8
Fiddledee

I live in the Auburn area and I have a freshwater 10 gallon that's been established for almost 3 months. My java ferns are already multiplying, and I have about 3 TINY ones that will probably be large enough for decoration in a month or so.

I have water wisteria that I can spare as well the next time I trim.

Petco does not have that bad of a selection, if you ignore the tubes. The display tank with goldfish and plants beside the red-eared slider turtle tank. They have a few species of crypts, rock and java moss, and some surface plants. If you go look at the tanks in the back left corner, they have even more plants like java ferns, wisteria, hairgrass, etc...

Petz Unleashed has REALLY cheap snails. They are healthy, don't eat my plants.

No one around here has cherry shrimp. I mail ordered mine online from Shrimp Farm. 10 of them were only $19.99. They all arrived alive and were the Sakura red variety, a very pretty deep red. Males and females, so they'll breed soon.
Fiddledee is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-05-2013, 07:49 PM   #9
BenderBendingRodriguez
Planted Member

Default Trimmings or extras auburn area

I have fire red shrimp to sell. Pm me if interested
Old 04-09-2013, 05:50 AM   #10
TLL0003
Algae Grower

I'm in the Auburn area and I have some African water fern (Bolbitis heudelotii) that I trim pretty often. Right now I'm having some algae issues because I just started dosing fertilizer, but hopefully that will be taken care of soon. If anyone is interested let me know
TLL0003 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.