Which should I get? Only found the following CO2 Regulators - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-01-2013, 12:25 PM   #16
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (87/98%)

Peterpaul is Parker hannifin, and it is not a peterpaul solenoid that GLA use, or GLA will run bankrupt to use the parker hannifin solenoid.
Bettatail is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-01-2013, 12:28 PM   #17
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub-80 View Post
I think the inlet is .BS standard and outlet NPT. I just calculated if i were to build the pressure regulator with desired parts, it will cost $600 and the cheapest is $ 450. Similar to GLA ultimate pricing.
http://www.weldability-sif.com/pages...ring=DASTEMCO2
"Regulator bullnose stems can become damaged over time from general wear and tear incurred when changing bottles. This damage can cause leaks at the cylinder connection, so bullnose stems and / or regulator nuts are often replaced. Our bullnose stems are available in 3 regulator thread sizes to suit different popular regulator manufacturers."

is it the right answer? good luck on the regulator, if you know any research facility or hospital facility station engineers, talk to them, they may have a couple spare double stage regulators in good price.
just avoid the used oxygen service regulators.
Old 02-01-2013, 01:17 PM   #18
sub-80
Planted Member

PTrader: (0/0%)

I highly doubt that would work as I don't know any engineers here. But it is quite strange that only two companies provide co2 regulators in a whole country.
sub-80 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-01-2013, 01:36 PM   #19
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

there should be more sources but not for the general public, because the customers are institutional.
the regulators you could find are actually for welding/light industrial equipment...
Old 02-01-2013, 01:42 PM   #20
sub-80
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
there should be more sources but not for the general public, because the customers are institutional.
the regulators you could find are actually for welding/light industrial equipment...
You are correct, but it will take some time. I have ordered Milwaukee CO2 regulator for temporary use until i find all parts locally or most parts.
Old 02-11-2013, 08:57 PM   #21
fattboa
Algae Grower

I know I may be a bit late. I did not check personally but I believe you should find Parker metering valves at PETROTECH ESTABLISHMENT ( http://www.petrotech.ae/store.html# )
I researched this a few months ago and only found this on the internet. I did find one store that had a vast amount of metering/needle valves in Shuwaikh at near Bin Nikhy garage (the "German car brand" street) however I did not check carefully since none had a box. I just had my Co2 tank checked today a ROC. However my acetylene regulator does not work with Co2 as I have found out. I assume the Victor brand regulator was at Roc. I do not think you will find another regulator but you may get lucky at the Friday market. I think an inert gas regulator should work with Co2 but the dude at ROC said you should get a Co2 regulator only. You could try building your own regulator but anything other than restaurants is extremely difficult to locate.

If you want an alternative carbon source, I have found and purchased Sklarcide (3% glutaraladehyde) which is the same stuff as Flourish Excel (would be more than happy to share with you) . I also have found sources for a lot of things after A LOT of time (fertilizers). If you need any help just send me a pm, I'll be more than glad to help. (unlike the other Kuwaiti which changed his location in his profile after I sent a pm)
fattboa is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-11-2013, 11:17 PM   #22
oldpunk78
/)ಠ_ಠ(\

PTrader: (107/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bettatail View Post
Peterpaul is Parker hannifin, and it is not a peterpaul solenoid that GLA use, or GLA will run bankrupt to use the parker hannifin solenoid.
You gotta stop doubting me. If anyone wants to photograph their solenoid from gla (non-atomic) to prove me wrong, go a head.

They either this one, or one very similar.

http://peterpaul.com/valves/2-way-no...-15-model-152/

oldpunk78 is online now   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 01:52 AM   #23
sub-80
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattboa View Post
I know I may be a bit late. I did not check personally but I believe you should find Parker metering valves at PETROTECH ESTABLISHMENT ( http://www.petrotech.ae/store.html# )
I researched this a few months ago and only found this on the internet. I did find one store that had a vast amount of metering/needle valves in Shuwaikh at near Bin Nikhy garage (the "German car brand" street) however I did not check carefully since none had a box. I just had my Co2 tank checked today a ROC. However my acetylene regulator does not work with Co2 as I have found out. I assume the Victor brand regulator was at Roc. I do not think you will find another regulator but you may get lucky at the Friday market. I think an inert gas regulator should work with Co2 but the dude at ROC said you should get a Co2 regulator only. You could try building your own regulator but anything other than restaurants is extremely difficult to locate.

If you want an alternative carbon source, I have found and purchased Sklarcide (3% glutaraladehyde) which is the same stuff as Flourish Excel (would be more than happy to share with you) . I also have found sources for a lot of things after A LOT of time (fertilizers). If you need any help just send me a pm, I'll be more than glad to help. (unlike the other Kuwaiti which changed his location in his profile after I sent a pm)

You are correct the Victor brand Regulators are the ones sold at ROC. I purchased 2 Miluawkee Regulator (should be delivered by the end of this week) for now until I find metering needles and solenoid valves sold here in Kuwait.
Old 02-12-2013, 02:12 AM   #24
Rush3737
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (4/100%)

If I could butt in for some quick help, could someone with good knowledge on the subject could search CONCOA GAS REGULATOR -- 400 SERIES- - 200 PSI- - 4000 PSI on a popular e-bidding website and tell me if that's dual stage or not it would be highly appreciated. It looks it, but some of the 400 series is and isn't, so I can't be sure.
Rush3737 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 02:31 AM   #25
kevmo911
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (32/100%)

No, that's a single stage. A dual stage will always have some sort of "bump" behind the gauges. Look at the pics for the other 3 listings if you type in what you have in caps, specifically the pics of the back end of the regs.

Here's a current Concoa series listing with .pdf's:
http://www.concoa.com/specgas_catalog.html

Not sure exactly what the first one (the one you specifically were referring to) is, but the other 3, which are pics of the same reg, are 412's (duals).
kevmo911 is offline   Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-12-2013, 08:26 AM   #26
fattboa
Algae Grower

I think I saw solenoids at Bin Nisf. Not sure if they will work
Old 02-12-2013, 10:26 AM   #27
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldpunk78 View Post
You gotta stop doubting me. If anyone wants to photograph their solenoid from gla (non-atomic) to prove me wrong, go a head.

They either this one, or one very similar.

http://peterpaul.com/valves/2-way-no...-15-model-152/

my mistake, it is a peterpaul solenoid.

when I did the research on solenoid valves a while back, I skipped this Parker model, so didn't recognize it on the GLA system.
The reason I didn't look into too much about this model, is it is 7 watts.

and it will burn your hand, 7 watts is gonna be real hot for 7+ hours on.
this series 15 model is not the low power consumption, it is probably the reason it is cheap and GLA can afford it, but it will have short life(Burn out) in our co2 application, to be sure.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:12 AM   #28
sub-80
Planted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fattboa View Post
I think I saw solenoids at Bin Nisf. Not sure if they will work
I asked them there for a solenoid for CO2 and they said no. They said they had for air or water I think. Not sure if that works.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:29 AM   #29
Bettatail
Planted Tank Guru

Quote:
I asked them there for a solenoid for CO2 and they said no. They said they had for air or water I think. Not sure if that works.
for air is ok, make sure to find the one with lower wattage and right working pressure.
small flow rate solenoid are mostly fit, because such solenoids require less power and small orifice.
Old 02-12-2013, 11:34 AM   #30
fattboa
Algae Grower

Quote:
Me neither. Anybody else knows?
It seems that we need a pneumatic solenoid? Parker produce solenoids as well as needle/metering valves. You can ask or call the guys here http://www.petrotech.ae/store.html# since they seem to be a Parker dealer. Maybe they will have both? If not I am afraid you'll need to strip search Shuwaikh. Seems very ironic a petroleum rich country is quite poor in valves/regulators. If you searched harder I am somewhat certain you'll find what you need but you will spend A LOT of time since the people working have absolutely no clue except for prices. You will need to search the inventory yourself.
In a couple of days I'll be back on the search since my Co2 tank is up to date. I'll go looking in the Friday market tomorrow (yes on a Wednesday). If I found anything I'll notify you. If you need help with anything (aquarium/hydroponics/aquaponics etc) just pm me.

Tags
co2 regulator diy

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the The Planted Tank Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.