GCCA Parking Lot Swap - February 10th - Page 3
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Illinois

Old 02-10-2013, 09:55 PM   #31
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

Me too! But sold 3 fish, traded one, and begged my husband to buy the holey rock. lol

12 pristella tetras, 23 cardinal tetra, 8 amano shirmp, 2 bamboo/flower shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 2 nerite snails, several assassin snails and cherry shrimp.
PlantedTankLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-11-2013, 01:21 AM   #32
shinycard255
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (18/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedTankLover View Post
WOW! This swap was P.A.C.K.E.D! They really need to have a more open location in the future, it was so crowded that you could not really see what vendors had. But did get some great fish! Bought 4 cichlids, 20+ shrimp, and a bunch of Texas Holey rock! One of my cherries from Shrimp USA had a baby along the way, and currently birthing the rest in my tank as I type this.

What did you all get?
Yes, a little too cramped for my liking. I went around the whole place (big and small room) with Razorworm and we were going to go in for a 2nd look in the big room in case we missed anything, but once I saw how crowded it was, I got out there since I already made 1 lap. I do agree that they need more room down the aisles to walk because it's not easy when it's that crowded. I can only imagine what the April swap will be like?!
The Fraternity of Dirt #42
Who would have thought that plants like dirt?!

Tanks: 60G | 5.5G | Evolve4
shinycard255 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 01:28 AM   #33
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

Your avatar was how I felt when I walked into the big room! I'm looking forward to April's but might wait until it's almost over when it's less crowded. I had a hard time finding what I was looking for. Some of the vendors did tell me that they were only staying until about 12 though, so that's something to consider for next time as well, but then again, that's when the prices start to get slashed! I only stayed until 11 this time because I was meeting up with some people. Really wish it was less crowded so I could have gotten a better look at everything. Or maybe spread out the tables more? It was nice having 2 rooms, but the smaller room was almost empty! No one really in there. No one wants to buy books! lol

12 pristella tetras, 23 cardinal tetra, 8 amano shirmp, 2 bamboo/flower shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 2 nerite snails, several assassin snails and cherry shrimp.
Old 02-11-2013, 07:12 PM   #34
Oneiros
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Yesterday's swap meet was a first for me and the wife. Much bigger\more crowded than what I was expecting. I'm not a cichlid keeper, and I have no big tanks, and none are ready for new fish at the moment anyway, but it was a lot of fun looking around. Did nab a nice anubius nana from John H., and lots of ideas to think about for when my tanks are ready.

This fall I lost three tanks of fish in under a month... one a busted mini-heater cooked all the critters in one tank, a couple of Petco-bought cobra-guppies wiped everything out from disease in a couple of weeks in another tank , including several two-year old Amano shrimp, and my Betta in his tank passed on from fin rot around the same time.

I'm looking at this as an opportunity to try my hand at rebooting the tanks as low-tech dirted jungles, and the swap meet encourages me as to the stocking possibilities beyond the big box stores or even my LFS (Tropi-Quatics, which is nice enough, but a bit limited on some of the things I want.)

In particular, for the next meet, I may be pre-ordering some Moscow Blue guppies

Oh, and Hi All, I'm new to the forums!
Oneiros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 07:16 PM   #35
tbonedeluxe
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (111/100%)

Welcome to TPT.
I also visit Tropi quatics in Lombard,IL.
Mainly for the fish and they stock Flourish excel
and other seachem products.I asked John to order
the excel for me.They now have it in stock all the time. ;-)
tbonedeluxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #36
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

Quote:
Originally Posted by tbonedeluxe View Post
Welcome to TPT.
I also visit Tropi quatics in Lombard,IL.
Mainly for the fish and they stock Flourish excel
and other seachem products.I asked John to order
the excel for me.They now have it in stock all the time. ;-)
Why dont you use metracide 14? Much cheaper. I have not noticed any difference between it and using Excel.

Old 02-11-2013, 10:38 PM   #37
devilduck
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

I missed the meet this time, but the last one was my first time. I came late but there were still many fish and vendors I felt a little overwhelmed.

I bought a bunch of plants from John H. also he's a great guy to talk.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oneiros View Post
Yesterday's swap meet was a first for me and the wife. Much bigger\more crowded than what I was expecting. I'm not a cichlid keeper, and I have no big tanks, and none are ready for new fish at the moment anyway, but it was a lot of fun looking around. Did nab a nice anubius nana from John H., and lots of ideas to think about for when my tanks are ready.
devilduck is online now   Reply With Quote