Shadow's 32g ADA rimless tank "Passion" update:Finally planted with pics - Page 41
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 09-14-2012, 01:59 AM   #601
zenche
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

what happened to your 75 btw?

Old 09-14-2012, 02:01 AM   #602
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (17/100%)

Are you asking me if I had a 75g tank? if so nop, I never did. this 48g and my ada 30-c are my only tanks I have. Both will have a fresh start this winter so keep an eye out for them.

!shadow! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2012, 02:58 AM   #603
zenche
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (13/100%)

hrm. for some reason i thought this tank was a 75 :P
Old 12-01-2012, 12:01 AM   #604
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Default update

Well looks like it's time to update this tank. I decided to downsize(I know...What a shocker to a aquarist) but to upgrade at the same time. I been in the market for a smaller tank but better clarity tank and figured I'd finally get me a opti white ada 60-H (45) dimmensions 24x18x18. My old tank is 36x18x18 so pretty much a foot off the width. Reason for this is over the years I could not keep this tank over 6 months. I'd get interested in it at first then slowly lose interest. I'm guessing I wasn't ready for the responsibility of keeping up with the maintanance so when the summer hit i'd get hounded with work at my job and so I figured if I got one a bit smaller and with less water volume i'd be fine. Plus when you add in all the soil,rock, driftwood it displaces even more. I'm still going to go with aquasoil since it has never failed me and has always given outstanding results. Lights for now will be my 4 available panorama fixtures from ecoxotic. I don't think I will be using all 4 since that was overkill on my 48g so i'll be narrowing it down to 2 or so.Also each one of the panoramas are dimmable so I can create a natural dawn to dusk atmosphere. I'm really interested in a ada aquasky 601 or even 602 but that's later down the road when I see and know more results of others using it. As far as filtration I'm still going with the fantastic g3 going with eheim bio media. I want to get lily pipes for it the only thing that's holding me back is I've heard their a pain in the butt to clean but hey there is always a trade off right? I'm actually going to get a better overturn in the tank and faster clearer water now that it's smaller so there is a plus side to downgrading I'm still keeping the same stand as I plan to keep my 30-c side by side and use it as a shrimp tank. As far as fish I'm still keeping my rams i've bred in the 48g,electric blue rams, some blue eyed rainbow fish and i recently went to the fish store and saw some orange hatchetfish pictured here

and here

A bit difficult to find so I figure why not try my hand at em.

As far as inspiration goes this guys journal seems to fit the description best.
http://www.aquaticplantcentral.com/f...0-45-45-a.html

Old 12-01-2012, 06:09 PM   #605
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Ok so when I was draining the 48g I noticed 2 little specs moving around and so I thought it was mosquito larvae but turns out the emerald eye rasboras I had layed eggs and I didn't know about it. I got two 1cm fry swimming around in the 48g all to themselves lucky them. I will have to transfer them to a 2.5 so that I can get the tank ready when it arrives. I tried my best to take some macros of them.
Here is some pics of them to give you an idea of what they look as adult

These are the macros.

As you can tell slightly, the fry have a bit of black on the dorsal fin so i'm guessing it's a safe assumption unless they're actually cardinal fry but I doubt it since I seem to not notice any red. Only time will tell.

Old 12-08-2012, 01:37 AM   #606
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Default bad news : /

well the tank came in but unfortunately they gave me a 60-h(30) not a 60-h(45)
Called aqua forest aquariums and told me it'd take 3-4 weeks for the container to ship in.... Not really what i wanted to hear. So they told me I could wait or keep the 60-h and get a refund on the difference but I don't really like the 24x12x18 dimmensions. The 12 width seems too restricting coming from a 18. I decided either to wait for the 60-h(45)dimmensions 24x18x18 and use the time wisely to plan the scape or get a full refund and use that money to buy plants and seryu stone for the hardscape on my current 48g and forget about buying a new tank. What do you think guys. Any imput would be appreciated. thanks

Old 12-08-2012, 02:13 AM   #607
talontsiawd
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (1/100%)
Send a message via AIM to talontsiawd

I would either wait for the tank you want, or keep your tank. For two reasons, first you seem set on the other tank. Second, I agree that another 6 in of depth would be a better looking tank, especially how you scape. It sucks to have a tank where you don't like the dimensions. I tried for about 3-4 years to like my first 29 gallon and in the end, I just hated it. I would hate to see you do the same, with a much more expensive tank.
talontsiawd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 09:30 PM   #608
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Ok so small update babies turned out to be zebra danios. Stripes show very clearly and I could see why I got mixed up with the emerald eye rasboras seeing how they both look similar in shape. I will try to get pics of them later. As far as the tank goes It should arrive on the 25th or so of january so I will use the time to gather the hardscape materials.

Old 12-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #609
fplata
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (18/100%)

Man i dig this tank, where did you pick up that wood?
fplata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2013, 07:47 PM   #610
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Thanks fplate . The first piece of wood I got from manzanita.com the 2nd one which is also nice is from Mr Tom B also known as plantbrain on this forum. Personally I think he has the nicest pieces available. Check out his swap and shop thread in the power sellers section.
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=177909

Old 01-18-2013, 06:21 PM   #611
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Default Some pics of the driftwood I recently purchased

should arrive a few days after the tank. I thought it would compliment the bolbitis and neeedle leaf java fern draping from it.

Old 01-26-2013, 05:39 AM   #612
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

this was a fun journal to read, looking forward to your new tank.

did it come in yet?
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 06:39 PM   #613
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Nop about to call them up to see what's going on : /

Old 02-09-2013, 09:24 PM   #614
Green_Flash
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (7/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by !shadow! View Post
Nop about to call them up to see what's going on : /

Looks like they're back in stock finally on AFA's website.
Green_Flash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 05:18 AM   #615
!shadow!
Wannabe Guru

Yup the tank is actually on it's way finally after about a 2 1/2 month wait. A bit disappointed since the crate wasn't included due to the mistake of a smaller tank I had to dish out about 120$ for the crate to safely ship the tank. Thought i'd get it for free or something since i've been so patient with them. Oh well atleast I will finally get what i've been waiting for. Never thought it'd take this long but at the same time i've been taking other projects like re-arranging my room to better accommodate the tank. I did want to experiment putting the tank near a window where the sun seems to shine down on it perfectly and create that sunrise to sunset feel. I know i've read about how it'll cause algae but i'm running low light plants and will do my 50% h20 changes weekly. As far as the baby danios they've gotten pretty big about an inch compared to a cm before gonna probably move them in the 30-c one of these days. I'll give you guys a teaser pic of how the wood will be arranged tomorrow.