What to do with a 125 gallon tank - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Equipment

Old 02-08-2013, 05:51 PM   #16
eatfood
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

use a sump and a minimal aquascape, some rocks driftwood and a couple of species of plants like java fern and amazon swords and then get the biggest black piranha (rhom) you can afford - it would be sweet.

I can help you out with piranha info if you need/like
eatfood is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-09-2013, 01:29 AM   #17
trgiboney
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by discuspaul View Post
Yes, if you consider keeping a discus tank, you'll want to do a good deal of research ahead of time to ensure you succeed.

I suggest you go to the simplydiscus.com forum, and read the Stickies in the 'Discus Basics for Beginners' section. My illustrated guide to getting started with discus is located there. It is also located here on this forum as well - click on the first sticky in the 'FISH' section and you'll find it.

50% of succeeding with discus is getting good quality stock of a decent size (more mature) fish to begin with, and only from a well-known, experienced and reputable supplier of quality fish.

There are several top-of-the-line suppliers in the U.S. - all of them sponsors in the simplydiscus.com forum - 'Sponsors' section. Some of the best are Kenny's Discus in Daly City, Ca.; Hans' Discus in Baltimore; Central Ohio Discus, (Mike Beals) near Columbus, and Chicago Discus (Josie) in Chicago. They all supply & air ship high quality discus, and guarantee live delivery.

Discus require somewhat more care & attention than most other freshwater tropical fish, but are not difficult to keep successfully if you follow a few simple 'rules'.

I've been keeping them for years and love their beauty, grace, and vivid colors and patterns. Here's a few sets of pics of my planted discus tank set-ups over the past couple of years, for you to have a gander at:

http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/...3RedSnakeSkins
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/...spaul/Sept2011
http://s1105.photobucket.com/albums/...aul/lolliblues

Should you decide to consider keeping discus, I'd be happy to guide you through it, step by step - so don't hesitate to contact me at any time.

All the best to you, no matter what you decide.
Regards,
Paul

WoW and beautiful, Thanks for the info I now have a new forum to research
trgiboney is offline   Reply With Quote