Added FAKE decor in tank! lol - Page 2
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > General Planted Tank Discussion

Old 02-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #16
Betta132
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

The skulls do stand out a little, but I like them. I have a fake 'waterfall' in my tank that looks like a rock formation, and those sunken ship decorations are always a little tempting.
Of course, I do have a cow vertebrae and a squirrel skeleton in my tank, both real!
My adventures in keeping Indostomus crocodilus, the crocodile toothpick fish. AKA armored stickleback, paradox fish, and freshwater pipefish. Care is (to the best of my knowledge) exactly the same as Indostomus paradoxus.
Betta132 is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-08-2013, 07:45 PM   #17
MikeS
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta132 View Post
Of course, I do have a cow vertebrae and a squirrel skeleton in my tank, both real!
Awesome!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GMYukonon24s View Post
I don't mind decor in the tank besides fake plants. To me the skulls just seem to stand out to much. If you could make them not so bright or put moss or fissedens. It might make it not stand out so much.
They will darken, just like the croc one did. I have java moss near both, hoping that it will take to it.

Have an idea, of course it would mean rescaping the tank, and will post in new thread. Looking into some type of temple/mayan/indiana jones feel to it. Gonna need ideas though lol. I think doing something like that will let me really incorporate the skulls, but make them more a part of the tank, rather than a distraction.