Crazydaz's Square 200G RIPARIUM Strikes Back! Updated 7/1 w/Video+submersed PICS!
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
HD Blazingwolf
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (8/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydaz View Post
Devin--Yes, the bulbs have perked things up very nicely, and I'm really enjoying this set up in a new way now! It's almost like having my last set up with the high intensity lighting. I'm getting my Ludwigia grandulosa x palustris to blush and start turning red. I'll try to grab a pic of it soon. Pretty cool!

Like I said on a different thread, I alternate between being curious to try submitting this tank to a magazine, and then feeling a little embarrassed about it. I like the compliments, but I'm not very good at accepting them. I'm a little better than I used to be, but still not great. I'm not even sure where I would even start....This isn't an ADA tank, and that's about the only magazine that I know. You were recently published, Devin, if I remember correctly......I read that article, and I think that I still have it on my iPad still....

I would appreciate the guidance!

And...."YES"!! That Spanish Moss grows quickly! I just usually wrap some of the hanging parts around the branch it's on a few times. I may have to start trimming it. Some of it dangles down into the water as well, which looks neat.

NC!! I love the fog....especially now! After manually watering the plants every day, the new lights do add some additional radiant heat, increasing the evaporation rate, so by the end of the day it just looks like a thick haze hanging over the top of the tank, and a thick fog on top of the water. You can watch the convection happen as the fog comes out, gets a little warm, and starts rising up towards the lighting. NEAT!!

Thanks Bob!! I'm loving the effect, and the new colors! New leaves on most of my buce's are turning red or coppery colored. I am also getting better colors now in some of my Tillandsia species, and one just started throwing out a bloom. Curiously, I have yet to see ANY of my orchids bloom, but that's alright. I started fertilizing a bit more, so that should help (eventually) produce some blooms. You know that I'll be snapping pictures as soon as I get any new flowers on anything!

NWA--I have to admit that I found myself thinking that too, this past weekend. I couldn't get it out of my head for a solid day. Now, it'll be in my head again. lol! Thanks man!! Hope that you are doing well!!

my orchids flower the most when lighting is reduced.. just FYI
but there are many species out there. this isn't a true statement for all variants i wouldn't think