OKnights112's 1st Aquarium - Day 66 Update
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-08-2013, 04:54 AM   #1
OKnights112
Algae Grower
 
PTrader: (1/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: Pearland, TX USA
Posts: 67
Default OKnights112's 1st Aquarium - Day 66 Update

So after some talk and planning I have started an aquarium for the first time. I really enjoyed going through this forum and reading, learning and looking at all the amazing tanks. I have decided to go with just rocks for my first attempt.

So here is what I started with.

Tank:
38 gallons - 30L x 18W x 16H – Custom Made at Aqua Zoo in Houston

Stand:
Custom made by Justin Henry

Substrate: (ADG is the best – the staff was really nice)
2 bags of PowerSand Special-S (2L)
1 bag of Aqua Soil New Amazonia Normal (9L)
ADA Nile Sand

Aquascaping Materials:
Seiryu Stones

Filter:
Ehiem 2213
Hydor Koralia Nano 240

Heater:
Ehiem Jager 150W

CO2:
Paintball Setup
AQUATEK CO2 Regulator Mini with Integrated Solenoid for Paintball Tank (R-78)
Diffuser

Lights:
Finnex LED RAY 2 30”

Plants:
Anubias Nana
Rotala rotundifolia "green"
Rotala Indica
Eleocharis Parvula
Lilaeopsis Brasiliensis

Fish:
4 – Corydoras Trilineatus
6 – Ember Tetras
8 – Green Neon Tetras
5 – Otocinclus
20 – Amano Shrimp

Fertilizer:
5 Drops of Green Bacter
7 Pumps of Green Brighty Step 1
7 Pumps of Brighty K



Day 1:
I placed the substrate down and managed to do an ok job of aquascaping. I places the Seiryu stones in a matter that I thought looked pretty good. I stood back for a while and looked at it and decided it was time to fill this bad boy up with water. I used a plastic bag over my substrate and began pouring the water in. It really helped. Still my sand and Aqua Soil got a little mixed in. My friend and I had one issue and that was getting the filter to start working. It had a lot of air in it and took a while to get out. I took the normal water measurements for the first time which was pretty fun. Here was the water condition results.
Ammonia - .25ppm
Nitrates – 0ppm
Nitrites – 0ppm
PH – 7.4

So here are some pictures of Day 1.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Day1 Powersand web.jpg
Views:	64
Size:	229.9 KB
ID:	82690  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day1 SubstrateDone web.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	205.9 KB
ID:	82698  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day1 Layout web.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	226.7 KB
ID:	82706  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day1 Cabinent web.jpg
Views:	62
Size:	208.2 KB
ID:	82714  

Click image for larger version

Name:	Day1 Water web.jpg
Views:	58
Size:	179.1 KB
ID:	82722  


Last edited by OKnights112; 04-14-2013 at 10:49 PM.. Reason: Update
OKnights112 is offline   Reply With Quote
 

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 04:47 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012