Things to see in Kissimme
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Florida

Old 01-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #1
Big O
Raider for life

PTrader: (33/100%)

Things to see in Kissimme

I'll be in Kissimme in a week for a week. Anyone have any ideas where I should check out some cool stuff( eats, aquariums, LFS's, parks lakes, etc)?
Thanks in advance,
big o
Big O is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-07-2013, 04:10 AM   #2
esab
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big O View Post
I'll be in Kissimme in a week for a week. Anyone have any ideas where I should check out some cool stuff( eats, aquariums, LFS's, parks lakes, etc)?
Thanks in advance,
big o
To be honest, not much. I'd go to Seaworld if you've never been. My wife works there, i've been plenty of times and still love going back since I love marine animals so much. There is plenty of fishing if that's your thing. I don't know any spots but i'd say pretty much pick a lake other than Lake Jesup (gator breeding ground)
esab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 01:40 PM   #3
flowmsp
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (60/100%)

Gatorland, if you like to see hundreds and hundreds of Alligators, and a few crocs too. Plus they have the leucistic(sp?) Alligators. All white with blue eyes.
flowmsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 02:00 PM   #4
chunkychun
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (18/100%)

the obvious disney stuff or you can visit a spring
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...,5390547.story

sad, use to live in kissimmee but wasn't interested in fish etc. you can also do what the locals do and hang in publix parking lot and drink. there's also a rodeo stadium and maybe some events. use to be a airboat tour in area that look cool.

food wise, chains glory. for better food you may have to head to orlando and depends on what you like. mom and pop asian food is in colonial drive area.

or goto winter haven where flowmsp is from. more lakes and fishing and legoland. ha i use to live in winter haven too!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:08 PM   #5
esab
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by chunkychun View Post
the obvious disney stuff or you can visit a spring
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/trave...,5390547.story

sad, use to live in kissimmee but wasn't interested in fish etc. you can also do what the locals do and hang in publix parking lot and drink. there's also a rodeo stadium and maybe some events. use to be a airboat tour in area that look cool.

food wise, chains glory. for better food you may have to head to orlando and depends on what you like. mom and pop asian food is in colonial drive area.

or goto winter haven where flowmsp is from. more lakes and fishing and legoland. ha i use to live in winter haven too!

This is a very true statement. Wekiva Springs/River isn't bad if you want to take a canoe or kayak out, it's about an 45-1hr drive north from Kissimmee depending where you are. Blue Springs is a little farther and this time of year the manatees are there since the water in the St. John's river is too cold. For food recommendations there are good restaurants, however not a ton if you want rec's let me know, I eat out often and stay away from chains. Weather is beautiful right now so hope you enjoy your stay.
esab is offline   Reply With Quote