Marko's College 20 Gal Long: home for the summer 5/19/13 - Page 7
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-28-2013, 12:40 AM   #91
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (57/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,679
Default

i got them on aquabid.com
took me a few months of checking to finally get a pair.
__________________
@marko@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 02-05-2013, 08:25 PM   #92
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (57/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,679
Default

update shots:

FTS -


male ram -


c. furcata -


r. colorata finally recovered -


amano shrimp -


d. diandra -


h. aragua finally starting to heal -


CPDs all colored up and playful -

__________________
@marko@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2013, 09:08 PM   #93
ThatGuyWithTheFish
perugiae
 
ThatGuyWithTheFish's Avatar
 
PTrader: (23/100%)
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Boston
Posts: 2,321
Default

Dang, that GBR is beautiful. You remind me why I once really wanted them.
__________________

"Boulders-Upon-Meadow"


My Golden Rule of planted tanks: WWTAD-
"What would Takashi Amano do?"


RAOK Club #69
ThatGuyWithTheFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #94
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (57/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,679
Default

thanks.
yeah they are awesome, but unfortunately are also sick. they arent eating and have distended anuses. probably some sort of parasite. im treating now, hopefully the will be ok.
__________________
@marko@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:38 AM   #95
Yankee
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Yankee's Avatar
 
PTrader: (4/100%)
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Oregon
Posts: 324
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatGuyWithTheFish View Post
Dang, that GBR is beautiful. You remind me why I once really wanted them.
I agree! This makes me want to start watching aquabid for a pair!
Yankee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:39 AM   #96
crazydaz
Friggin. Conformist.
 
crazydaz's Avatar
 
PTrader: (67/100%)
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: Hendersonville, TN
Posts: 1,335
Send a message via Skype™ to crazydaz
Default

Look great, buddy! That Ram is just OUTSTANDING!!!!! Nice shot!
__________________
Kinder. Goth.
crazydaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:51 PM   #97
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (57/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,679
Default

thanks.
he better be. that pair cost me an arm and a leg, which is why im doing everything to coax them to eat and trying to treat their parasites.
__________________
@marko@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:04 PM   #98
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru
 
The Trigger's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,522
Default

Damn dude that ram is stunning
__________________
The Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #99
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru
 
The Trigger's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,522
Default

Oh btw how is that female doing? She getting any better?
__________________
The Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 02:23 PM   #100
Mumford
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
Mumford's Avatar
 
PTrader: (7/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: Michigan
Posts: 478
Default

Man those fish are awesome, love the GBRs

How many CPDs do you have in there?
Mumford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 06:39 PM   #101
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (57/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,679
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trigger View Post
Damn dude that ram is stunning
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trigger View Post
Oh btw how is that female doing? She getting any better?
thanks.
no. unfortunately she seems to be getting worse. she isnt eating at all anymore. im gonna most likely get some levamisole this weekend. if they have camallanus worms, that will do it. most other parasites should respond to a parziquantel treatment. if the levamisole does nothing, ill turn to sulfathiozole as a hail mary because there is nothing else i can do. im really ripping out my hair trying to save her. and him too. he is also sick and exhibiting the same concave belly and distended anus, but not as far along. and he is still eating a little at least.
if she dies, im getting a necropsy done to know what the **** is doing this.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mumford View Post
Man those fish are awesome, love the GBRs

How many CPDs do you have in there?
thanks. they are a cool species.
there should be 24 CPDs. but counting them is impossible.
__________________
@marko@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 08:18 PM   #102
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru
 
The Trigger's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
thanks.
no. unfortunately she seems to be getting worse. she isnt eating at all anymore. im gonna most likely get some levamisole this weekend. if they have camallanus worms, that will do it. most other parasites should respond to a parziquantel treatment. if the levamisole does nothing, ill turn to sulfathiozole as a hail mary because there is nothing else i can do. im really ripping out my hair trying to save her. and him too. he is also sick and exhibiting the same concave belly and distended anus, but not as far along. and he is still eating a little at least.
if she dies, im getting a necropsy done to know what the **** is doing this
Well If you didn't live 2 hours away I'd say that if your female dies you can have one of mine. My male paired up with the other one so now they just tag team the other female, pestering her all day. She's lost most of her color because she's the subdominant female. She's a true German blue ram that was bred in Germany. She's the one on top in the picture. But I hope they both pull through and you won't have to get more
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	101.9 KB
ID:	81906  

__________________
The Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 10:23 PM   #103
@marko@
Planted Tank Guru
 
@marko@'s Avatar
 
PTrader: (57/100%)
Join Date: Oct 2007
Location: livingston, nj
Posts: 5,679
Default

thank you for that kind gesture. but i dont want to plan about where to get a replacement female. i want this one, lol.
and if she dies, i wont be getting a new one til i know what killed her, and i know its gone from the tank.
__________________
@marko@ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #104
alipper
Planted Tank Obsessed
 
PTrader: (14/100%)
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: CT
Posts: 311
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Trigger View Post
Well If you didn't live 2 hours away I'd say that if your female dies you can have one of mine. My male paired up with the other one so now they just tag team the other female, pestering her all day. She's lost most of her color because she's the subdominant female. She's a true German blue ram that was bred in Germany. She's the one on top in the picture. But I hope they both pull through and you won't have to get more
Not to hijack thread, but wish you were closer because I'd take that female off your hands.

Sucks to hear that those GBRs are sick, they are beautiful.
__________________
temporary tanks for the time being...
alipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 11:52 PM   #105
The Trigger
Wannabe Guru
 
The Trigger's Avatar
 
PTrader: (9/100%)
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Posts: 1,522
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by @marko@ View Post
thank you for that kind gesture. but i dont want to plan about where to get a replacement female. i want this one, lol.
and if she dies, i wont be getting a new one til i know what killed her, and i know its gone from the tank.
Lol I hear ya man.
__________________
The Trigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:32 AM.


Powered by vBulletin®
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Planted Tank LLC 2012