Best Way to Cycle in Aquasoil Amazonia
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Substrate

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-06-2013, 10:06 PM   #1
Desensitizer
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)
Default Best Way to Cycle in Aquasoil Amazonia

I have a current 10gallon going with a Eheim 2213 that has been running in a long existing tank for a few days (and an older filter that provided too much flow but has been used for ages and I will be using) and tank gravel. I bought a second 10 gallon as I knew there would be the cycle in time that was unavoidable with all aquasoils and this seemed the easiest, just transfer everything over once the ammonia was done leaching.

My plan was to do a 30-50% water change from my existing 10 gallon with a gravel vac and have the water go into the aquasoil amazonia 10 gallon in order to get as much preexisting bacteria as possible then fill the rest of the tank with regular tap water. I would then run the filter 24/7 for the next 4 weeks, doing water changes/adding plants/etc. Any suggestions as to how to get the initial source water for the quickest cycle?

Last edited by Desensitizer; 02-06-2013 at 11:21 PM.. Reason: clarifying
Desensitizer is offline   Reply With Quote