DK's m..a..d.. d..o..-i..n..g..s........ - Page 93
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Shrimp & Other Invertebrates

Old 02-05-2013, 01:27 PM   #1381
crazydog64
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

Whoa that's a lot of heaters just chilling, get it chilling, annnnd I'll see myself out.
crazydog64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 08:19 PM   #1382
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

Send a message via Yahoo to wicca27

ha ha chillin. hey dk i have some old filters and what not i dont use if i box it up and send it to you would you want them to see if there are any parts you can use? trade in for dk shrimp credit lol. not really im savin pennies for shrimpkies still so i want at the top of the list lol
wicca27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:35 AM   #1383
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

PTrader: (197/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazydog64 View Post
Whoa that's a lot of heaters just chilling, get it chilling, annnnd I'll see myself out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wicca27 View Post
ha ha chillin. hey dk i have some old filters and what not i dont use if i box it up and send it to you would you want them to see if there are any parts you can use? trade in for dk shrimp credit lol. not really im savin pennies for shrimpkies still so i want at the top of the list lol
What would be the literary term for this? Reverse pun? Irony? That we speak of heaters chilling? Oxymoron, perhaps?

Went to sign off the computer, and was in the process of closing out things, and had a picture file open and saw this. Immediately, the squirrely brain launches, first thinking, "Dang, I forgot I have a WHOLE BOX of those things. They're pretty coo-el - wonder what I could do with them..." As faithful readers may recall, DK ordered a PAIR, and they sent a CASE of them. They were, of course, ordered for this project, but DK only needed ONE PAIR, not a CASE!!

And the ideas start rolling in. Where the heck did I put them...

Hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

Last edited by DKShrimporium; 10-14-2013 at 11:49 PM..
DKShrimporium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 12:50 AM   #1384
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

PTrader: (272/100%)

Make some short distance roller skates. Handy for traveling 16 inches quickly.
mordalphus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 01:46 AM   #1385
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

i know what i would do with them light mounts lol. extend them and mount the light on the end so when i needed to do something in the tank i could just "push it back" out of the way but still have some light over the tank. im sure dk has alot more ideas for them though lol.
Old 02-06-2013, 04:09 PM   #1386
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Originally Posted by mordalphus View Post
Make some short distance roller skates. Handy for traveling 16 inches quickly.
But - think outside the box. If I installed them in series rather than in parallel, I could get quite a long commute going. Sort of like the unicycle of roller skates, if you want a mixed metaphor.

Quote:
i know what i would do with them light mounts lol. extend them and mount the light on the end so when i needed to do something in the tank i could just "push it back" out of the way but still have some light over the tank. im sure dk has alot more ideas for them though lol.
Something along this flavor is definitely on DK's list. She originally was a gonna do-it with a rail system but the drawer slides are so much more slick, although take up more real estate. The question is: can we find unimpeded real estate? And, can we find where we put that case of drawer slides...

IN OTHER NEWS:

Last night, DK spent half an hour sorta arguing with the hardware guy in Lowes. She marched in there with junior feral wolf at her side, looking for a particular part, see below. Mr. Hardware swore they didn't sell it, but DK had bought it there before and KNEW it haddabee there. We got the Windows guy involved, and he looked up the part on the Computer (capitalized because it's all knowing, doncha know) and the Computer said, "There be 13 in stock," afterwhich the Mr. Hardware got hisself one of those stair climbing rigs and looked up in outer space in the racks and lo and behold, the Computer was RIGHT!

DK bought herself a few, as they are handy for fixing the syrup problem. Mebbe she will post on that later. Last night she made a teeny tiny tweak to her system, which involved increasing the concentration of sodium bicarbonate in her vat, and then she ran some tests and got some veeeeeeeeeery funny results. That is, assuming the TDS meter was working the way she thought it should work...

The thing about the whacky Shrimporium is: it keeps her squirrely brain worked out. She constantly has to ask herself, "Is it doing what I THINK it should be doing, or doing something ELSE?"

Because, if it's doing something ELSE, then how to fix the problem will never become apparent, until DK gets her head straight about how the thing is ACTUALLY working.

And she has found that a lot of times sales literature LIES. Yes, LIES.

Shocking.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #1387
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

You might ask yersef, what keeps DK going?

Other than the sock monkey pillowcase, that is.

Well, it's my thread and I can post whatever I want, within politically correct limits and space limits, and time limits, and technological limits... and

well, this is what is keeping her going, lately.

Whole wheat wrap, layer of roasted red peppers, boca burger fried in herbed sun-dried tomato oil, layer of said sun dried tomatos, homemade feta garlic spread, jumbo black olive chunks, and, of course, the ubiquitous rooster sauce, a.k.a. Sriracha.

Everything but the rooster sauce from Costco. Who knew you could live offa Costco groceries?

And, it wouldn't keep her going the same, not served on vintage Corelle.

Old 02-06-2013, 05:22 PM   #1388
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

now that looks good...... ok back the the orange thingy ( had to get technical there hehe) u use that to mix water with or help remove the gas from the well water? (thinks i missed part of the thread some where in the 93 pages lol) i am wondering if the whole syringe type thing would work for the mermaid water? go in let airline feed to the bottom of the jar and continue down the line?
Old 02-06-2013, 11:23 PM   #1389
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

Dk have you noticed a change to the sriracha recently? (and by recently I mean in the last 6-8 months)
Old 02-07-2013, 02:30 PM   #1390
DKShrimporium
Shrimp Listener

Quote:
Dk have you noticed a change to the sriracha recently? (and by recently I mean in the last 6-8 months)
Y'know, I can't say I have. However, there is a caveat to this. I'm the only one in the domicile that eats the stuff, and I'm a hoarder. Plus, I got a few bottles at my Amish scratch 'n' dent warehouse. All those put together mean that the current bottles may predate your timeframe.

I will say I was very worried as soon as it became the "it" sauce, and doubly so once I discovered it on Walmart shelves. Both portend a bad omen in cost reduction, countefeiting, etc. I've been eating the stuff for, I dunno, a couple decades at least. Well before it was discovered.

IN OTHER NEWS:

DK has located the case of drawer slides. Fortunately, they are just the right size at 24 inches. Now, she has to fool with modifying them for her - ahem - needs...

It's gonna involve a mess, with all those greasy ball bearings, but heck, it's the dead of winter and it's unbelievably boring in the Shrimporium nowadays, now that she has finished all her studies and there's nothing to do but sit around and watch the shrimp multiply, and make DKMSJ every couple months. It's like sittin' around, watchin' the grass grow.

Old 02-07-2013, 02:42 PM   #1391
Betta Maniac
Wanabe BKK Herder

PTrader: (17/100%)

Quote:
Yes. It's nowhere NEAR the same strength. My bottle at home is is still HOT HOT HOT, but in restaurants, where they really go through it, I'm using a ton more than I used to.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:31 PM   #1392
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Betta Maniac View Post
Yes. It's nowhere NEAR the same strength. My bottle at home is is still HOT HOT HOT, but in restaurants, where they really go through it, I'm using a ton more than I used to.
Yeah, I go through a big bottle a month and it's ridiculous how weak it is now... It's more like a garlic sauce than a hot sauce now... Now I find myself going through almost 2 bottles a month.

At first I was like, dang my tongue finally died... But then my wife started using more of it and then I knew for sure something was up. Sad. That was my favorite sauce hopefully it has something to do with their recent crop of jalapeņos and not a change in their recipe.
Old 02-07-2013, 03:46 PM   #1393
wicca27
Planted Tank Guru

contact the company and complain hey they might even send you a new bottle for free lol.
Old 02-07-2013, 05:10 PM   #1394
mordalphus
These pants? are fancy.

Quote:
contact the company and complain hey they might even send you a new bottle for free lol.
Hey, thanks for the suggestion, I just emailed them asking about it.

So many times I feel like large companies are unreachable so I never even try. Hopefully these guys are!
Old 02-07-2013, 05:42 PM   #1395
sbarbee54
The Security Dude

PTrader: (98/100%)

i am like DK and I bought a 2 flats about 2 years back of the large bottles. I have about 12 bottles left. I think I spent 190$ for 96 of them. So I have not notice a difference, but I would imagine they probably have toned it down
Finnex Pimp #8
sbarbee54 is offline   Reply With Quote