New Here
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Forums > The Lounge & Introductions

Old 02-02-2013, 07:53 AM   #1
mosspearl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

New Here

Hi, I look forward to getting to know everyone. I've been combing the forums for awhile now, trying to quell the growing desire for fish tanks. First, because we have little to no room (10 people in the family will do that, especially in a small house). Second, it's not really in the budget yet. Third, haven't gotten permission from the landlord yet.

But... I do have a gallon jar with marimo moss in it. So I get to tell myself I have aquatic plants. Simple, I know, but I have to start somewhere. I do have several gallon jars, so I'm hoping to gradually fill each one with easy, low tech plants. Anubias have really caught my eye. I love plants of all kinds, and aquatic plants just seem to be the next step.

I don't pretend to understand half of what I've read about CO2, chemical composition of the water, and lighting yet, but I figure that will come with time. In the meantime, I am enjoying my furry little green moss balls. Someday I'd like to be able to add some fauna as well. Bettas, shrimp, and small freshwater fish like white clouds are competing already in my head. It has been ages since I had any type of tank, so I figure it's like starting from scratch. I hope to learn a lot from all of you.

By day I'm a freelance book editor, so I'm online almost all the time. I don't usually get to check the forums here until late at night unless I sneak over during a break. You all seem to have a great time here, and I'm glad I found The Planted Tank.
OOO Order of Ornamentaria
Member in good standing

mosspearl is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-05-2013, 02:24 AM   #2
Kinection
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Welcome to TPT! You'll learn lots from these plantbrains.
You have a really interesting story and good luck! I also started with marimos too. At least seeing a marimo for the first time, and I was hooked. Addicted to this "drug" at age 4. Diagnosed with MTS. In my case, MOARRR TANK SYNDROME. XD
Old 02-05-2013, 03:59 AM   #3
GMYukonon24s
Planted Tank Guru

PTrader: (0/0%)

Welcome to the forum.

MIAPG - Come join us - Plantedtank - MI - Greatlakesaquaria
GMYukonon24s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2013, 04:32 AM   #4
mosspearl
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (10/100%)

Thank you for the welcomes! I've really enjoyed looking around for the past several weeks. I'm glad I'm not the only one who got hooked with a marimo ball. LOL

I used to have tanks when I was a kid, but we didn't really do the plants, and that is what I'm truly interested in. I can't wait to get started.
OOO Order of Ornamentaria
Member in good standing

mosspearl is offline   Reply With Quote