JEden8's 27 Gallon Cube - Page 4
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Tank Journals

Old 12-21-2012, 08:52 PM   #46
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (11/100%)

Thought I'd throw up a couple more recent pics:

Old 12-28-2012, 12:05 AM   #47
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Couple more pics of the shrimp:

Old 01-30-2013, 02:02 AM   #48
drewsuf82
Wannabe Guru

PTrader: (62/100%)

Any recents?
drewsuf82 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 04:19 AM   #49
BoxxerBoyDrew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

VERY BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!

I have always loved Cube tank!!! You did a awesome job on the hard scape, and I really like your plant choices too! I can't believe the amount of shrimp you have in there! Is there going to be problems with the amount of shrimp? Who are your plecs doing? Getting big enough to breed yet?

Would love to see any current pics ya have!
Thanks,
Drew
BoxxerBoyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 04:10 AM   #50
Unikorn
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (10/100%)

Wow Subscribed!

RIP20 gallon tank journal
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...d.php?t=223762

11.4 gallon rimless shrimp tank
http://www.plantedtank.net/forums/sh...97#post3763497
Unikorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2013, 05:03 AM   #51
Kinection
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (2/100%)

Your cherries are starting to become fire reds, nice.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:15 AM   #52
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewsuf82 View Post
Any recents?
Sorry it's been a little hectic lately. We had to move this past week so I had to tear the tank down. I have the driftwood back in there but haven't had a chance to get the rocks and anubias back in there. That's my goal to get accomplished tomorrow. Once I get it done I'll post some more pics! I also have Blueberry shrimp starting to grow up in there. I've counted about 12 so far after the move and can see the whole tank.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post
VERY BEAUTIFUL TANK!!!

I have always loved Cube tank!!! You did a awesome job on the hard scape, and I really like your plant choices too! I can't believe the amount of shrimp you have in there! Is there going to be problems with the amount of shrimp? Who are your plecs doing? Getting big enough to breed yet?

Would love to see any current pics ya have!
Thanks,
Drew
Thanks Drew! I have been selling a lot before the move so my stock has cut down at least in half from where I was at so it helps out. I've also moved all the albino bristlenose plecos that are more than 2" long into my 90 gallon to grow them out a little bit more before I either sell them or just trade them in for store credit at my LFS. All of my albino plecos that are in this tank are actually from the breeding pairs I have in my 90 gallon. When I moved I drained the 90 completely to cut down on the weight and the male was protecting the babies in the driftwood so I placed in the 27 gallon to sweep them out and got about another 30 baby plecos! I couldn't believe it! I know of the larger plecos that I have at least 2 males so far of the about 7 or 8 that I pulled out. I'll get some more pictures up as soon as I can. I have to put all the plants back in both tanks tomorrow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unikorn View Post
Wow Subscribed!
Thanks Unikorn!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinection View Post
Your cherries are starting to become fire reds, nice.
Thanks! I have about 5 or 6 in there that are completely red. Don't know how it happened but I like it! HAHA
Old 02-13-2013, 03:24 PM   #53
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here's how everything currently looks after the move:

Baby Albino Bristlenose Plecos:

So ever since about 2-3 weeks before we moved, I started noticing about 4 or 5 dead cherry shrimp about every other day in the tank. I figured it was from the larger plecos producing too much waste so I moved them out. No change after that. I got the tank to our new house and they are still dying. Any ideas as to what is causing this? Also, why do my anubias look like this?

Old 02-14-2013, 01:10 AM   #54
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

I didn't get a chance to work on this tank today unfortunately. I did get my 90 gallon set back up so I'll get some pics up of it tomorrow. Water is still a little cloudy. I should get this tank back up by the weekend.
Old 02-17-2013, 05:35 PM   #55
bjmcconk
Algae Grower

PTrader: (0/0%)

Hey there! I have the same tank as you. Tank looked really nice before the move.

I just planted my tank and was wondering if i needed any ferts to help start the plants off right. Do you have any ideas? what kinds and where to get?

Is this considered a High Jack? I just thought id ask..

Thanks
bjmcconk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2013, 01:26 AM   #56
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjmcconk View Post
Hey there! I have the same tank as you. Tank looked really nice before the move.

I just planted my tank and was wondering if i needed any ferts to help start the plants off right. Do you have any ideas? what kinds and where to get?

Is this considered a High Jack? I just thought id ask..

Thanks
Well thank you! I love the tank as I've always wanted a cube. What are your plans for it?

I use dry ferts for mine but use it in small amounts. I also use Seachem Excel in small amounts. Everything will be determined on what you are looking to grow plant wise and what your goals are with the tanks. I use low light, slow growing plants that don't require a ton of fertilizers. That and I'm not using high light and pressurized C02. Don't know if this helps but all of the details are really needed to get the best advice of what has worked for others.

You're good. That's what the forum is for!
Old 02-26-2013, 01:27 AM   #57
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Here's a quick snapshot of the updated tank. Not the biggest fan of it as I loved it before. That's what sucks about moving Sorry it took so long!

Old 02-27-2013, 01:49 AM   #58
BoxxerBoyDrew
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (12/100%)

Still looking good!!!

It is different than before, but I still like the looks of it! That piece of wood it very cool too! Do the shrimp normally keep it looking that clean, or is it the plecs, or a combo of both? I have noticed that the wood and rocks in most shrimp tanks always look very clean, so I figured it was from all of the shrimp constantly picking over it for food!

I have been wanting to setup a shrimp tank for a long while but cash flow is very slow, and shrimp can be expensive!

Anyway keep up the great work on the tank!!!! I can't wait to see it return to its previous glory!!!
Drew
BoxxerBoyDrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2013, 10:30 PM   #59
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoxxerBoyDrew View Post
Still looking good!!!

It is different than before, but I still like the looks of it! That piece of wood it very cool too! Do the shrimp normally keep it looking that clean, or is it the plecs, or a combo of both? I have noticed that the wood and rocks in most shrimp tanks always look very clean, so I figured it was from all of the shrimp constantly picking over it for food!

I have been wanting to setup a shrimp tank for a long while but cash flow is very slow, and shrimp can be expensive!

Anyway keep up the great work on the tank!!!! I can't wait to see it return to its previous glory!!!
Drew
Thanks Boxxer! I don't know if it is just the shrimp or a combo of the shrimp and plecos that keep it clean to be honest. Most likely it is the shrimp like you said.

I can agree with you on the cash flow bit! Luckily everything that I have has been funded from selling off everything from all of my tanks which helps pay for itself. That was my whole purpose of the shrimp tank. I put a lot of money up front but I make anywhere from $20-$40 a month just in cherry shrimp alone. Once I get the other shrimp species breeding then I will be able to double or even triple that amount. I just bring them into LFS's and get store credit so I never have to worry about buying any supplies needed. Well worth the investment if you get the chance!

Thanks again!
Old 03-11-2013, 04:36 AM   #60
JEden8
Planted Tank Enthusiast

This has been my latest project:

She was born on February 27 at 1:31. Tanks are on the back burner for a little while haha.