Where can I get Zebra Loaches?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > Specific Aspects of a Planted Tank > Fish

Old 02-02-2013, 03:36 AM   #1
I3raven
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)
Question

Where can I get Zebra Loaches?

Has anyone acquired this specimen in their local fish store and in the US? I have checked Petsmart, Petland, and Petco. So does anyone know any fish stores that hold and sell these fish? I am willing to buy some from you guys if your willing to sell them soon. Thanks!
I3raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2013, 04:04 AM   #2
PlantedTankLover
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (3/100%)

My LFS has them, but thats all the way in NWI. Your going to have to check with your LFS, not a chain store.

12 pristella tetras, 23 cardinal tetra, 8 amano shirmp, 2 bamboo/flower shrimp, 1 mystery snail, 2 nerite snails, several assassin snails and cherry shrimp.
PlantedTankLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 04:28 AM   #3
I3raven
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (6/100%)

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlantedTankLover View Post
My LFS has them, but thats all the way in NWI. Your going to have to check with your LFS, not a chain store.
Actually, what is the difference between a local fish store and a chain store? I never thought there was a difference.
I3raven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 10:36 PM   #4
CrazyCatPeekin
Planted Tank Obsessed

PTrader: (19/100%)

I bough mine locally from a fish store (not a chain). A chain store is a large chain that operates nationally. There are also some smaller chains that are regional. Then there are stores that are independently owned that generally have one or a handful of locations; this is what I think of when I hear the term "local fish store."

I think they generally have them available at Dr. Foster & Smith and That Fish Place if you want to order online. I'm sure there are other online options. You might check Aquabid also.
Eheim Pimp Club Member #498

Running Tanks: ~3 Gal Cylinder | Desk Spec | 10G Yellow Shrimp | Bookshelf Community | 10G Tiger/Fire Red | 10G Trio | 29G Fancy Goldfish | 35G Malaysian Pond Hex | 55G Semi-Aggressive | 70G Amazon Ram Tank | 100G Road To Nowhere
Future Plans: 180+ G Angel Tank
CrazyCatPeekin is offline   Reply With Quote