HAS anyone going this Friday?
Planted Tank Forums
Your Tanks Image Hosting *Tank Tracker * Plant Profiles Fish Profiles Planted Tank Guide Photo Gallery Articles

Go Back   The Planted Tank Forum > General Planted Tank Forums > Local Pet Stores, Clubs, and Conventions > Hawaii

Old 01-30-2013, 08:11 AM   #1
mfurufuru
Planted Member

PTrader: (2/100%)

HAS anyone going this Friday?

Contemplating if I should go and join? Never been to one so not sure what to expect.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
mfurufuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-30-2013, 08:23 AM   #2
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Robert is a great mentor and a great fish keeper and breeder. They are many perks to the club. Auctions, members trading equipment, new breeds of fish, discount on fish supplies and fish to much to list. Alot of petlands employees are in the club. I haven't joined yet bu I been thinking hard about it. I know half of the members so I should join I just don't have the time yet
daboss808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 09:01 AM   #3
gowfan05
Planted Member

PTrader: (10/100%)

I used to go to the meetings and was part of club, but no more time as well. Its a nice place to meet people who share the passion of fish/aquariums. But to be honest, the AUCTIONS is one of the things that I loved because most times there are fish/plants/equipement that go for super good prices (sometimes ppl don't bid for fish that sell $20 at stores). And each auction is always different. Just my $0.02
gowfan05 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 06:45 PM   #4
eightoeight
Algae Grower

PTrader: (7/100%)

I was just looking up the HAS last night. Wish they had more if an online presence, and or social media presence.

Missed out on the planted tank 101 :[ wonder if they ever cover shrimp/invertebrates.
eightoeight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 03:32 AM   #5
RianS
Planted Member

PTrader: (6/100%)

If any of you are considering joining, now would be a great time as dues are annual and the only time the dues become prorated is July and after. Also February is the month where the club sells the grow outs to the members. It's a challenge within the club to see who can grow the largest fish from now to October (the time of the annual show). However this years grow out leaves room to be desired as they are selling tilapia.
Old 01-31-2013, 06:29 AM   #6
daboss808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by eightoeight View Post
I was just looking up the HAS last night. Wish they had more if an online presence, and or social media presence.

Missed out on the planted tank 101 :[ wonder if they ever cover shrimp/invertebrates.
Hit me up if u need help with planted tanks and inverts I been doing this for about 4 yrs to date
daboss808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

I might be going to the auction part. Everyone should join just for the discount from pet stores. I made my due money back from the discounts alone. But I do agree, they should have their own forum... but most of those guys are really old school when it comes to technology.
Old 02-02-2013, 08:09 AM   #8
mfurufuru
Planted Member

Default Re: HAS anyone going this Friday?

Really wanted to go but my plans were foiled once again due issues at home...sigh..maybe next month. did any one go? Please share your experience if you did.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using Tapatalk 2
mfurufuru is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2013, 07:16 PM   #9
Kai808
Planted Tank Enthusiast

PTrader: (1/100%)

I got there late so I didn't hear the meeting part. The auction wasn't as good as others and I think it was because of the Punahou Carnival. Next meeting should be better. I'll try to bring plants to the auction.